The Discworld Mapp by Stephen Briggs

The Discworld Mapp (original 1995; edition 1995)

by Stephen Briggs (Autore)

Series: Discworld Mapps (2), Discworld (Mapp 2)

THE DISCWORLD MAPPThey said it couldn't be done. Well, it has been done, proving them wrong once again. After years of research, cunningly contrived in as many minutes, the Discworld has its map. It takes full account of the historic and much-documented expeditions of the Discworld's feted (or at leats fated) explorers- General Sir Roderick Purdeigh, Lars Larsnephew, Llamedos Jones, Lady Alice Venturi, Ponce da Quirm and, of course, Venter Borass.Now travellers on this circular world can see it all- from Klatch to the Ramtops, from Cori Celesti to the Circle Sea, from Genua to Bhangbhangduc. The great cities of Hunghung, Pseudopolis, Al Khali and, of course, Ankh-Morpork are placed with loving care upon this world which is carried through space by Great A'Tuin.… (more)
Member:PDCW
Title:The Discworld Mapp
Authors:Stephen Briggs (Autore)
Info:Corgi (1995), Edition: 1st ed., 32 pages
Tags:Fiction, Fantasy Fiction

The Discworld Mapp by Terry Pratchett (1995)

English (7)  Polish (1)  All languages (8)
Although not a book per se, The Discworld mapp is perhaps my favourite Discworld publication. As well as the map of Discworld and words from Pratchett and Briggs on how it all came about, we get short biographies of famous Discworld explorers, the best of whom is Lady Alice Venturi, a satire of Victorian lady travellers. ( )
  MiaCulpa | Oct 6, 2020 |
This is for collectors. Mine is especially cool, as it was signed by Sir Terry himself, back in the day. Not a ton of new content for the casual fan. ( )
  paulcjones | Feb 4, 2019 |
This is a big fold-out map of the Discworld, compiled after the first 18 books were published. There is also a short amusing pamphlet about explorers. I remember thinking it was quite expensive for the few minutes it took me to look at/read, but an essential addition to a complete Discworld collection. ( )
  Griffin22 | Jan 28, 2019 |
I think my husband would rate this atlas a 5 but he's not a LibraryThing member. His response was "A map of Discworld? AWESOME!"

I'll have to go with cute, rather than awesome. I wish there was a little more to it. I'm a map and atlas junkie and this one just doesn't follow through enough for me. It's still a must for Pratchett fans, though. ( )
  pussreboots | Aug 14, 2014 |
The map is absolutely gorgeous, the art and style match the Discworld feel perfectly and I love all the artistic details and flourishes on the side that make it feel like a realworld ancient map. There Be Dragons indeed.

I enjoyed the text at the beginning, the short introduction from Sir Pratchett himself to a brief and yet illuminating description of the challenges of creating a work such as this by Steven Briggs and the short biographies of famous Discworld Explorers were hilarious and made me want to read books based just on them.

This is probably more for the serious Terry Pratchett fan and collector than for the more casual reader but I find I really love the maps and enjoy the depth they bring to the Discworld. ( )
2 vote Kellswitch | Mar 26, 2012 |

Terry Pratchettprimary authorall editionscalculated
Briggs, Stephenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Player, StephenIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Discworld (Mapp 2)
I said there would never be a map of the Discworld. This is it.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,650,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible