Active Birth : The New Approach to Giving…

Active Birth : The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally, Revised Edition (edition 1992)

by Janet Balaskas

208583,680 (4.2)None
Member:ema-adama
Title:Active Birth : The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally, Revised Edition
Authors:Janet Balaskas
Info:Harvard Common Press (1992), Edition: Revised, Paperback, 275 pages

Active Birth : The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally, Revised Edition by Janet Balaskas

English (4)  German (1)  All languages (5)
The only pregnancy book I've read in the past nine months. My midwife loaned it to me, saying it was one of her favorites. I put it off for a long time because the cover alarmed me, but once I started reading, I felt so reassured. It has great tips on how to breathe and move during pregnancy and labor. There's so much to learn about how to stand and move during contractions and labor, instead of just laying in a bed like the hospital wants you to. I know giving birth is still going to be painful, but I feel much more confident that I'll be able to control myself a bit more, and at least focus the pain into something more positive. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Nov 4, 2015 |
In an active birth, a mother moves about freely, finds comfortable positions for labour and delivery, and seldom needs drugs or obstetrical interventions. In Active Birth, Janet Balaskas teaches mothers to develop all of their bodily resources for giving birth, to follow their own instincts, and to take full control of the childbirth experience.
  HomeBirth | Sep 3, 2014 |
This is the most helpful writing on childbirth that I have ever read. There is detailed information about various positions for laboring and what their advantages are. ( )
  SquirrelTao | Dec 22, 2007 |
earth, mother, goddess birthing book. Read all you like, when the real thing happens you are mindless. ( )
  kristenliberty | Oct 26, 2007 |

Recommends squatting, sitting, and kneeling postions for childbirth, explains the advantages of this approach, and demonstrates helpful stretching exercises

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,114,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible