Remix by Lexi Revellian

Remix (2010)

by Lexi Revellian

I read this because of a recommendation from my sister. Well done. A likeable hero, which is often not the case in this type of book. A love interest with an interesting life and a villain that I identified early on, but kept changing my mind about until the last scenes.
Bought the next few books from this author. ( )
  Perrywilson | May 24, 2014 |
I loved this book, despite having to read it sitting at a desk because it's on my computer!

It's a wonderful thriller/romance and I got totally involved with the main character Caz. I wanted her to end up with the right man - then I just wanted her to end up alive! I didn't want to close the book and go to bed.

It's very well written and has a satisfying ending. I enjoyed the way the English setting was so deftly suggested and the range of different characters. I'd recommend it. ( )
  fairyhedgehog | Dec 14, 2013 |
Read my review at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1WEQZIGORR1EH ( )
  IamIndeed | Mar 29, 2013 |
Free on Kindle. Spoilers.
This is an OK book. It is narrated in the voice of a young British woman and has that tone that books like that have, very British & matter-of-fact. Our heroine is a strong woman working as a self-employed artisan in a craft she loves. Suddenly a man shows up & she gets involved with him & helps him find the true murderer of his friend, clear his name, and come back into the world. There isn't anything very profound or surprising.
The one thing to mention is that the love story is pretty shallow. The guy is completely sexy & charming, but I'm not sure he works as a boyfriend for her. He has a couple of violent outbreaks that should worry her, and he is pretty self-focused. There is an epilogue, 3 months later, and she loves him more than ever, but maybe we're supposed to assume that it won't last.
  franoscar | Mar 8, 2012 |
Remix is a nice contemporary/suspense/romance that although has a touch of the improbable is still an enjoying read. For those that like romance with steamy scenes, this book is not for you. There is attraction, but the intimate details are implied. For those that like a good "who-dun-it", this book may appeal to you as the main male character, Ric, is accused of murder. The whole purpose is to find out who really killed Bryan Orr, a member of the rock band Ric use to be the lead singer for.

What I Liked: The writer can tell a story. It was easy to picture myself in the environment and I would love to live in Caz's apartment (flat.) I'm not exactly sure how, but I found myself wanting to know how things would play out between Caz and Ric and who really killed Bryan Orr. Before I knew it, I it was like stepping into someone else's eyes. The thrill of meeting a gorgeous stranger and helping to solve a murder is intriguing, although highly improbable. I liked "Dog", he was a nice touch to have around. I liked Ric's character and thought he had a dry humor, especially when talking to Dog. I love the cover! This is the print cover, which I prefer because it does apply more to the book I think (taken from Amazon.) Everything in it has some sort of connection to things in the book.

What I Didn't Like: The suspense went on too long toward the end. You think you are at the climax and then one event after another happens to make the climax go on too long for me. I found myself skimming over what should be intense action scenes to get to the conclusion. The probability of how the main characters meet and how they immediately form some sort of alliance with Caz letting Ric basically live with her out of nowhere, is odd to me, but this is fiction. The ending is tied up well, but I'm left feeling a bit incomplete on the relationship part. I wanted to know more from Ric's point of view or some sort of discussion with Caz and Ric of where things will go or how things are with them, not just what will be will be from Caz.

Overall: I liked this book. Fans of suspense with relationships that don't go into detailed sex scenes, this is a book you may want to try. ( )
  Urbanfan | Jun 11, 2011 |

Lexi Revellian is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,910,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible