The Secret Crown by Chris Kuzneski

As always I am in total awe of Mr Kuzneski. He knows how to weave a tale that has you gripping your seat and biting your nails right up to the end. I was absolutely fascinated by the subject of this book. He made Ludwig come alive in the pages of this book and it made me realize again that the amount of research done for each book must be staggering!

I cannot wait to read the next book! ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
While this was a quick and undemanding read I didn't enjoy it as much as his previous books.

I didn't like the way that one bad guy was introduced and then nothing much was done with him, I am assuming that he is going to play a major role in the next book otherwise there is no point to this character.

I also didn't like the way everybody dismissed as irrelevant something that DJ discovered and that he thought would be important in solving the mystery, but what annoyed me more about this is that when DJ is proved right nobody apologises. ( )
  KarenDuff | Jun 1, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Found, when starting to read this book, that it just wasn't my cup of tea. Donated it to the library. ( )
  bitsy08 | Jul 4, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A very well written book. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for more of Mr. Kuzneski's work. Ex-military characters aren't easy to write, but he pulls it off with style and panache. ( )
  PhilipTroy | Mar 29, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I loved this book! Payne and Jones are highly trained, hard-charging ex-military who make a skilled team. This mystery, thriller, adventure , treasure hunt is filled with action and well worth the read. It is a book to dive into and not come up for air until you are finished. ( )
  lyncos | Jan 27, 2012 |
For years he had been paid to protect the king. Now he had orders to kill him.

Hidden among the crates in a recently discovered World War II bunker are documents stamped with an elaborate black swan, the insignia of the murdered King Ludwig II. According to legend, Ludwig stockpiled a massive treasure in the years before his death, a cache of gold and jewels that would finance the construction of the largest castle of all time. But in the years since his death, no one has found any evidence that Ludwig had hidden anything. Until now. Jonathon Payne and David Jones are pulled into the mystery by a colleague of theirs, a former supply sergeant in the U.S. military who asks them to investigate. They agree to help and quickly find themselves in a life-or-death struggle to uncover the truth about Ludwig's murder and his mythical treasure.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Chris Kuzneski's book The Secret Crown was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,817,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible