Warm bodies by Isaac Marion

Warm bodies (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Isaac Marion

1,008None8,450 (3.94)105
Member:snoble23
Title:Warm bodies
Authors:Isaac Marion
Info:Fazi (2011), Perfect Paperback

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion (2010)

English (138)  Catalan (1)  French (1)  All languages (140)
Unique. Funny. Wonderful concept. ( )
  Absent_Librarian | Apr 9, 2014 |
I'm about to string together a whole bunch of words that don't seem to go together.

This is a zombie love story that is sweet, funny, touching, and full of human emotions.

Yeah- I read it. But it's true.

It is a dystopian romantic comedy. With zombies. It sounds like it shouldn't work. It does.

lmm161 | Mar 30, 2014 |
Existential zombies. Who knew? It was good. It wasn’t life-changing for me. But looking back there was a lot in this book about what it means to live, what makes us human, human will and the will to survive or change for the better, love—all these serious, major themes. And they were handled well. ( )
  EuronerdLibrarian | Mar 13, 2014 |
I will admit that I read this because I liked the movie so much, but after reading it, I was blown away by how much more amazing it was than any film version could ever portray. Absolutely phenomenal. The writing was beautiful and the reflections about human life were gut-wrenching and though-provoking. ( )
  CareBear36 | Mar 8, 2014 |
2.5 stars. Maybe I just expected too much... ah well. No doubt the man can write. ( )
  CaliSoleil | Mar 5, 2014 |

Watanabe, KyokoDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You have known, O Gilgamesh,/
What interests me,/
To dink form the Well of Immortality./
Which means to make the dead/
Rise from their graves/
And the prisoners from their cells/
The sinners from their sins./
I think love's kiss kills our heart of flesh./
It is the only way to eternal life,/
Which should be unbearable if lived/
Among the dying flowers/
And the shrieking farewells/
Of the outstretched arms of our spoiled hopes.
- Herbert Mason
Gilgamesh: A Verse Narrative
'...'
- The Epic of Gilgamesh, Tablet II, lines 147, 153, 154, 278, 279
For the foster-kids I've met.
I'm dead, but it's not so bad.
My friend 'M' says the irony of being a zombie is that everything is funny, but you can't smile, because your lips have rotted off.

The narrator of Warm Bodies is a zombie inhabiting a post-apocalyptic America that has been destroyed by decades of wars and natural disasters, culminating in a mysterious zombie plague. The narrator has no memory of who he is and no understanding of what it means to be alive or undead, he has only the first letter of his name ("R") and a vague notion that something is not right with the world. While eating a young man's brain and experiencing his memories, R encounters the man's girlfriend, Julie, and makes the impulsive choice to save her instead of killing her. He takes her back to the abandoned airport where the zombies congregate and hides her in a 747, all the while narrating in a dry sense of humor. He falls in love with her and slowly comes back to life which then sparks something into all the "corpses" changing them back to human.

R is a zombie, but its not so bad, he's learning to live with it. True, he can only remember the first letter of his name, and eating is not a pleasant business...

456 wanted7 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,414,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible