Warm bodies by Isaac Marion

Warm bodies (edition 2013)

by Isaac Marion

Member:Astariel
Title:Warm bodies
Authors:Isaac Marion
Info:Fazi (2013), Paperback

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Recently added byaryadeschain, wagner.sarah35, lunule, bjh3038, etbm2003, ashiepoo84, nudgehendrix, private library

English (146)  Catalan (1)  French (1)  All languages (148)
One of the rare instances where the movie is better than the book: the book has a "wake up, sheeple!" undercurrent that I don't like, and I think they changed General Grigio's storyline in a positive direction for the movie. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Aug 18, 2014 |
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
I've been going on a bit of a zombie binger this year. This book came out and I just had to have it. A zombie boy and living girl love story! Immediately it peaked my interest as to how the writer was going to pull THAT one off.

Its done really well and reads so quickly. I was sad when it was over - and I was very surprised by the direction that the story took in the end. It went in a direction that I completely did not expect.

I adored the fat zombie M. I thought that the two main characters were well done - since it went by so quickly there wasn't a whole lot of character building done on the supporting characters. There was also some questions I was left with but overall I really enjoyed the book and it left me satisfied. ( )
  Pabkins | Jun 24, 2014 |
What got me into this book is the movie, the movie was really good and I didn't realize that there is a book for it so I picked the book. I have to say the book was a little cliche. The girl is going to falls in love with the zombie and the zombie is going to heal, anyone could predict the ending from the start. However I really like how when the zombie eats a human's brain he could see the human's memories. Cliche or not cliche this was a really fun read and I totally enjoyed both the movie and the book ( )
  jennywulove | Jun 2, 2014 |
Zombie love, its perfect. ( )
  Mimi_styles | May 11, 2014 |

Watanabe, KyokoDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You have known, O Gilgamesh,/
What interests me,/
To dink form the Well of Immortality./
Which means to make the dead/
Rise from their graves/
And the prisoners from their cells/
The sinners from their sins./
I think love's kiss kills our heart of flesh./
It is the only way to eternal life,/
Which should be unbearable if lived/
Among the dying flowers/
And the shrieking farewells/
Of the outstretched arms of our spoiled hopes.
- Herbert Mason
Gilgamesh: A Verse Narrative
'...'
- The Epic of Gilgamesh, Tablet II, lines 147, 153, 154, 278, 279
For the foster-kids I've met.
I'm dead, but it's not so bad.
My friend 'M' says the irony of being a zombie is that everything is funny, but you can't smile, because your lips have rotted off.

The narrator of Warm Bodies is a zombie inhabiting a post-apocalyptic America that has been destroyed by decades of wars and natural disasters, culminating in a mysterious zombie plague. The narrator has no memory of who he is and no understanding of what it means to be alive or undead, he has only the first letter of his name ("R") and a vague notion that something is not right with the world. While eating a young man's brain and experiencing his memories, R encounters the man's girlfriend, Julie, and makes the impulsive choice to save her instead of killing her. He takes her back to the abandoned airport where the zombies congregate and hides her in a 747, all the while narrating in a dry sense of humor. He falls in love with her and slowly comes back to life which then sparks something into all the "corpses" changing them back to human.

R is a zombie, but its not so bad, he's learning to live with it. True, he can only remember the first letter of his name, and eating is not a pleasant business...

456 wanted7 pay4 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,253,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible