My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison

My Unfair Godmother

by Janette Rallison

Chrissy! You got some splainin' to do. Miss Everstar has been given another extra credit project. Read; another life to screw up. And, if you think she would learn from the last time......Guess again. Hilarity and mild terror ensue. What would you do to avoid a loveless marriage? Tansy is having none of that, when she and her family get dropped into the middle ages by a wish, many lessons are learned. The moral of this story is; fairies can be cruel, some are vindictive, and others are just idiots. Stay away from them all. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Mar 20, 2018 |
in the first one i dint like the guy as much but loved the girl this one is the opposet and i simply loved it. ( )
  cupcakeclark | Jun 11, 2017 |
Still one of my favorite authors. I really enjoy her books. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Yet again, I have accidentally read book two in a series first. Ack! The last time I did it, it was also with a book about a teen girl making wishes (odd that). Neither one was a series where the order really matters, but I still hate doing that. Sigh.

To begin with, I have to say that I hated pretty much everything about the author's decisions in this book. The main character is obnoxious and her decisions both stupid and rather absurd. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading it. Why is a total mystery to me. I yelled at it several times, but at no point did I want to stop reading. The rest of the review will consist of some examples of what I did not like about the book.

The rebellious teen, who is quite smart, but dating a creepy bad boy to prove a point to her dad is a bit old, but I can deal. What annoyed me was that, much as she loved to read, she stopped to anger her father and stepmother, both librarians (holla!). Rebel, if you want, but don't give up things you like to spite someone. Guess who you're really spiting!

When Chrissy arrives, Tansy thinks about her first wish and is quite logical about how easy it is to have a wish go wrong. Then, I swear to Jane Austen, Tansy wished, under her breath, for something completely and entirely stupid, and not something she really wanted even. Ugh. I mean, really? Does this pass for plot these days. On her third wish, she does try really hard, but then the fairy interprets it differently, but not in the usual clever twisting your words way, just in a here's a completely off the wall way to get it way. Not pleased.
B
Worst of all, Tansy acquires a baby in the midst of her quest. I won't explain why, because that would be a spoiler. But, baby there is. And I do not like reading books about a girl who wants a baby so much. Well, I did like Bumped, but I would prefer to keep this to a minimum. I won't mention yet the fact that Rallison could not choose which of two fairy tales to use, so she combined them, or any of the other concerns.

So, a good, yet terrible read. Take what you can from that, because I cannot quantify this any better. Despite my various protestations and frustrations, I do intend to read the first book in the series, and likely the third. Oh, and, if you were curious, the cover art is not unrealistic, because Chrysanthemum totally looks and dresses like that! ( )
  A_Reader_of_Fictions | Apr 1, 2013 |
I loved this book! It was funny,entertaining,and left me wanting more! I love how the author spins fairy tales and makes you question the stories you grew up with.

I also love the romance in this. I love how it's slow,and how you can see how their initial attraction for each other grows into something more.I especially liked their interaction with each other and how Hudson got Tansy to admit she liked him.

Also the characters are great! I love how Tansy learned that her family really did care for her,and how much she grew up throughout the novel. Also Hudson, oh how I love the guys in these books! The other characters were great as well and really added to the story.

If you want a fun read this book is for you!

sjjtnj | Feb 12, 2013 |

Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn' texactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief 's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. Janette Rallison pulls out all the stops in this fresh, fun-filled follow-up to the popular My Fair Godmother.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:13 -0400)

A fairy godmother-in-training is sent to help angry seventeen-year-old Tansy, who reluctantly is staying with her father and his new wife while her mother and sister are travelling, but the unfortunate result of this intended help is chaos and confusion.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,906,908 books! | Top bar: Always visible