Thor: The Mighty Avenger, Vol. 1 by Roger…

Thor: The Mighty Avenger, Vol. 1

by Roger Langridge

So this is closer to the story that the Thor movie ran with than any other graphic novel version of Thor I have read lately, however it's still not the movie exactly which I kind of appreciate. Thor is cast out of his home to learn humility. He meets Jane Foster and saves her twice. His friends come to visit as does Loki and we get a chance to meet Ant Man and Wasp. Also includes the first couple stories of the first Thor stories ever written. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Fun story, dealing with Thor's banishment to Earth and his meeting Jane (who is a museum administrator of sorts).

Art is retro-seeming and nice. Sad to see Jane demoted (from the Marvel movies) from strong, smart physicist to a wimpy shopaholic, though... ( )
  kayceel | May 27, 2014 |

He's banished, he's mad, and he wants to FIGHT. Roger Langridge (Muppet Show, Eisner and Harvey Award nominee) and Chris Samnee (Siege: Embedded, The Mighty) re-imagine the God of Thunder in Thor the Mighty Avenger! THRILL as he battles robots the size of cities! GASP as he tames the mightiest sea creatures! SWOON as he rescues damsels from the vilest villains! It's Thor as you've NEVER seen him, hammering his way into your hands every month!

COLLECTING

Thor the Mighty Avenger #1-4, Journey Into Mystery #83-84

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:07 -0400)

Banished from his home and stripped of his power, Thor arrives on Earth in search of the legendary hammer that will return his power to him--and finds it in a museum under the care of Jane Foster.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,833,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible