Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Aftermath
by Chuck Wendig
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 034551162X, Paperback)THE FANS ARE HERE!
A special book by fans for fans, Generation Star Wars® celebrates one of the most creative groups of devotees in the galaxy. Packed with photographs, reminiscences, milestones, and little-known trivia, this book features a complete retrospective on more than thirty years of Star Wars fandom, including
• the beginnings of the phenomenon at San Diego Comic-Con 1976
• variations: the first fans, old-school fans, line culture, videogame fans, and female fandom
• celebrity fan memories from J. J. Abrams, Margaret Cho, Sean Lennon, and many others
• personal photos of fans dressed in their Star Wars finest, from the 1970s to the present day
• the dedicated clubs and communities, from the Official Star Wars Fan Club to the 501st Legion, from the Ladies of the ISO to the R2-D2 Builders Group
• the many fan sites and newsletters, from theforce.net to Bantha Tracks
• the early conventions and Star Wars celebrations across the globe
• fan-tastic fan-made crafts, art, tattoos, and other obsessions
• Plus—pages for collecting autographs at conventions!
For Star Wars enthusiasts of all stripes—from those who have camped out for hours in the movie lines to casual followers of the Force—Generation Star Wars is the ultimate tribute to a fun-filled community.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:49 -0400)
As the Empire reels from its critical defeats at the Battle of Endor, the Rebel Alliance--now a fledgling New Republic--presses its advantage by hunting down the enemy's scattered forces before they can regroup and retaliate. But above the remote planet Akiva, an ominous show of the enemy's strength is unfolding. Out on a lone reconnaissance mission, pilot Wedge Antilles watches Imperial Star Destroyers gather like birds of prey circling for a kill, but he's taken captive before he can report back to the New Republic leaders. Meanwhile, on the planet's surface, former rebel fighter Norra Wexley has returned to her native world--war weary, ready to reunite with her estranged son, and eager to build a new life in some distant place. But when Norra intercepts Wedge Antilles's urgent distress call, she realizes her time as a freedom fighter is not yet over. What she doesn't know is just how close the enemy is--or how decisive and dangerous her new mission will be. Determined to preserve the Empire's power, the surviving Imperial elite are converging on Akiva for a top secret emergency summit--to consolidate their forces and rally for a counterstrike. But they haven't reckoned on Norra and her newfound allies--her technical-genius son, a Zabrak bounty hunter, and a reprobate Imperial defector--who are prepared to do whatever they must to end the Empire's oppressive reign once and for all.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.