Bite Club: The Morganville Vampires by…

Bite Club: The Morganville Vampires (edition 2011)

by Rachel Caine

Member:AllisonKraft
Title:Bite Club: The Morganville Vampires
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:NAL Trade (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 368 pages

Bite Club by Rachel Caine

I've had some people tell me that this series got boring after awhile, predictable even...I'm so happy to say that hasn't been the case for me. Each book I start, I feel a little nervous wondering if this will be the one that doesn't grab my attention and keep me interested. With this one, I found myself making excuses not to do my housework so I could finish it! I started hating Shane a little bit in this book, and Shane and I have had an up and down relationship since the series began. I'm not as forgiving as Claire and there were times I was willing her to just walk away from him. Opportunities arise for Claire in this book and she has some decisions to make...she also has to try to save the town...Again! Because who else could save it but an 18 year old human girl, right? And once again, we've got a cliffhanger that's going to have you itching to get your hands on book 11. Well done Ms. Caine, I love your writing immensely! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Just when you thought the town had gotten back in order. Shane goes to the darkside, he is angry, violent and filled with hate. Claire distraught over Shane, endangers herself. She also faces and life changing decision. Eve and Michael are in love and more. Bishop, is not where he's supposed to be. Myrnin gets to play the crazy hero.The town is endangered again, and it all starts with a health club. Just another moment in this messed up little town.
Lots of action, heart break and pure adrenaline. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
3 1/2 stars for this one. I love this series but this book really showed me some points I liked more than previous books and some I liked less. The drama within the Glass house reaches all new heights in this book. Everyone has secrets from one another and not all of them are good!

In this book a new gym has opened up where a vampire is training humans and vampires alike. One thing I must say is that it must be HUGE. We get all the standard gym setups for weights, cardio, etc. We have boxing areas, ratchet ball, karate mats and even a fencing room and more! I would love to have a gym like how this appears in my city (less the vampires). Shane is one of the first to check it out and gets really into the fighting there but when one fights under vampires, bad things can follow.

Claire is told some startling information but is heavily threatened to keep quite about it. Frank Collins is still being kept a secret, Shane is drifting away and even Eve and Micheal have a secret! All this adds up to lots of drama and home intrigue as a I wonder how it is all going to come out.

While this book is mostly focused on Claire (as all past books have been), we get something new that I loved. We get a first perspective look into Shane's thoughts! While they are very warped in this book due to other factors I won't give away, it was an interesting new aspect to the series I highly enjoyed and hope to see again in future books of the series.

One thing that is really being to annoy me are the idioms and text speak being used on a regular basis. I loved how the earlier books had a more mature aspect to how they spoke but now its getting annoying with the slang used. I used to love Eve but with how she was talking in this book, she is now the type of person I would avoid hanging out with. She is not 14-16 years old yet acting like one. It is annoying when a character changes like that and this in one change I do not like at all and cost a fair bit of enjoyment for reading this.

With all the tension from the secrets I was expecting some interesting scenarios later in the book but i felt a bit let down in the end. The grand show was lackluster, Claire didn't seem to learn anything and no one asked questions about things that did not add up, they all just went along with whatever was going on! Grr!

So overall, good story with fun potential. Some interesting character comebacks. Drama-filled but the last 20% of the book could have been better. Here's hoping the next book is better and Eve goes back to her old kick-but, goth self! ( )
  jljaina | May 16, 2015 |
I love this series! I really do! The characters are so great. The is action and drama and friendship and romance. Each book sucks you in and doesn't let go. Clare is phenomenal, so brave and strong. It was nice to see a different perspective when Shane was telling the story. He really is a good guy even if he does have jerk like tendencies. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I wanted to read Bite Club because I have so thoroughly enjoyed this series. I love the characters, the pacing and plot and the romance. Rachel Caine consistently grows the characters and gives them new challenges to overcome.

Karen at For What It's Worth and Mary at The Book Swarm occasionally post twitter-style reviews. Karen calls hers Short and Tweet, and I am going to borrow that review style here.

Short and Tweet (or two):
Radical changes I wanted things back to normal right away. Claire has so many hard choices and stuff going on. We get Shane's point of view occasionally in this one and adds a quick and hard understanding.
Bottom Line: Still loving this fast paced series! ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Jan 2, 2015 |
Welcome to Morganville. You'll never want to leave.

After discovering that vampires populate her town, college student Claire Danvers knows that the undead just want to live their lives. But someone else wants them to get ready to rumble.
There's a new extreme sport getting picked up on the Internet: bare- knuckle fights pitting captured vampires against each other-or humans. Tracking the remote signal leads Claire- accompanied by her friends and frenemies-to discover that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville...

College student Claire Danvers discovers that an extreme sport pitting vampire against vampire--and sometimes vampire against human--is being broadcast on the internet from Morganville, Texas.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,410 books! | Top bar: Always visible