Any Man of Mine (Avon Romance) by Rachel…

Any Man of Mine (Avon Romance) (edition 2011)

by Rachel Gibson

Member:ILMBC
Title:Any Man of Mine (Avon Romance)
Authors:Rachel Gibson
Info:Avon (2011), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Downloaded
Rating:****1/2

Any Man of Mine by Rachel Gibson

I don't read many romance novels and I'm incredibly picky about what I do read. I can't stand anything resembling Fifty Shades of Grey and I'm not big on the classic mass-market romance novel writers like Nora Roberts or Danielle Steele. I picked up Rachel Gibson many years ago and since then, I've read everything she's ever written, usually multiple times. Gibson writes for the younger adult woman who likes a little plot, a little disaster, and a little fun. I love that Rachel Gibson has written several mini-series and connected some of the characters in her many different books. What's more, is Rachel Gibson writes a fantastic mini-series about a group of good-looking Canadian hockey players. Any Man of Mine is a part of the Chinooks hockey series and not only do I feel it's the best in the series, but it's the best of everything she's written.

Sam is a famous hockey player for the Chinooks. He met Autumn at a very low point in his life and the end result of their fling is their young son, Connor. Autumn is a strong, confident, and sometimes stubborn single mom who has yet to get over Sam abandoning her. The story that unravels is one of making a choice to forgive and forget, and one of being able to accept someone truly being able to change.

I love the interactions between father and son and the way that Autumn cannot help but fall back in love with Sam. Is he not the Canadian woman's dream: a sexy, rich hockey player who is a good father, and undeniably, utterly and completely in love with an average woman?

There are some familiar faces from the other Chinooks books, as well as some NHL player name-dropping. Rachel Gibson is a perfect summer read. The intimacy of the characters is important, but not the central focus of the novel. There's something substantial in the plot to appreciate and her books are fun, witty, and leave you with a very sweet happily-ever-after. ( )
  loveofreading | Dec 29, 2013 |
3.5 Stars ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |
3.5 stars ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
Gibson is known for writing smart, sexy contemporary romances. There was a lot to like about this book. When done well I love the reunited lovers theme and Gibson has always done it well in the past. For the most part Gibson delivered. The characters were just as smart and sexy as always. The storyline was interesting and the hints of their past added just the right amount of tension and mystery. The relationship both characters had with their son really worked.

I struggled with some of Sam's actions, from the past and in the present. Gibson tried to give us a reason for what he did, but I haven't decided if it hit the mark or was just a flimsy excuse. The romance worked in the beginning, but the resolution seemed to come out of nowhere. I would have liked to see another 20 pages to develop the romance.

cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
While I did enjoy this, it's not my favourite. I do think however, that the author always manages to write a pretty engaging story and the descriptions of this particular big, brawny hockey player were seriously hot. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |

When wedding planner Autumn Haven runs into hockey superstar Sam LeClaire, whom she has not seen since she married him in Las Vegas two years earlier, he wants to pick up where they left off, and she tries decide if she wants him in her life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,919,529 books! | Top bar: Always visible