Any Man of Mine by Rachel Gibson

Any Man of Mine (edition 2011)

by Rachel Gibson

Member:koalalover
Title:Any Man of Mine
Authors:Rachel Gibson (Author)
Info:HarperCollins e-books (2011), Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Kindle
Tags:contemporary, romance, chic lit, read in 2012, Autumn Haven & Sam LeClaire, read in 2013, read in 2014

Any Man of Mine by Rachel Gibson

I just couldn't get into this one. Maybe too much of a good thing, but it didn't grip me like the others I have read in this series. ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
No me gustó Sam . Punto . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I don't read many romance novels and I'm incredibly picky about what I do read. I can't stand anything resembling Fifty Shades of Grey and I'm not big on the classic mass-market romance novel writers like Nora Roberts or Danielle Steele. I picked up Rachel Gibson many years ago and since then, I've read everything she's ever written, usually multiple times. Gibson writes for the younger adult woman who likes a little plot, a little disaster, and a little fun. I love that Rachel Gibson has written several mini-series and connected some of the characters in her many different books. What's more, is Rachel Gibson writes a fantastic mini-series about a group of good-looking Canadian hockey players. Any Man of Mine is a part of the Chinooks hockey series and not only do I feel it's the best in the series, but it's the best of everything she's written.

Sam is a famous hockey player for the Chinooks. He met Autumn at a very low point in his life and the end result of their fling is their young son, Connor. Autumn is a strong, confident, and sometimes stubborn single mom who has yet to get over Sam abandoning her. The story that unravels is one of making a choice to forgive and forget, and one of being able to accept someone truly being able to change.

I love the interactions between father and son and the way that Autumn cannot help but fall back in love with Sam. Is he not the Canadian woman's dream: a sexy, rich hockey player who is a good father, and undeniably, utterly and completely in love with an average woman?

There are some familiar faces from the other Chinooks books, as well as some NHL player name-dropping. Rachel Gibson is a perfect summer read. The intimacy of the characters is important, but not the central focus of the novel. There's something substantial in the plot to appreciate and her books are fun, witty, and leave you with a very sweet happily-ever-after. ( )
  loveofreading | Dec 29, 2013 |
3.5 Stars ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |
3.5 stars ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |

When wedding planner Autumn Haven runs into hockey superstar Sam LeClaire, whom she has not seen since she married him in Las Vegas two years earlier, he wants to pick up where they left off, and she tries decide if she wants him in her life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,387,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible