The Children of Noisy Village by Astrid…

The Children of Noisy Village (original 1949; edition 1988)

by Astrid Lindgren (Author), Ilon Wikland (Illustrator), Florence Lamborn (Translator)

Member:CUUBrighton
Title:The Children of Noisy Village
Authors:Astrid Lindgren (Author)
Other authors:Ilon Wikland (Illustrator), Florence Lamborn (Translator)
Info:Puffin Books (1988), Edition: Reissue, 128 pages
Tags:Family life, Rainbow Bear Room

The Children of Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren (1949)

Adorbs. ( )
  LinzFG | Oct 20, 2018 |
Delightful read about a young girl, her family, and two other families that live in close proximity to each other in the Swedish countryside. I love how the children are real, and the adults aren't treated as buffoons. The author adds some Swedish traditions to the mix that make this book even more special. Now I have to find the other books in the series... ( )
  fuzzi | Jul 24, 2018 |
No valid German National Library records retrieved.
  glsottawa | Apr 4, 2018 |
Man får följa tre familjer och alla barnen och hur de lever förr i tiden, innan tv, dator, mobiler och alla moderna grejer. Jag gillar sammanhållningen, hur alla hjälptes åt och hur mycket enklare det verkade vara att leva då till skillnad mot vad det är nu. ( )
  AnnikaLM | Sep 10, 2017 |
Ok, I suppose this is not likely to appeal a lot to adults who don't read picture-books, but *I* personally, was utterly enchanted. I want to be one of these children, or one of the parents, or the teacher - what an absolutely delightful community. I'm 3/8 Swedish, and after reading this I can guess from which family traditions I got a lot of the ethics of kindness, and of finding joy in simple things, and of having fun in any season. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014032609X, Paperback)

A charming story about the everyday life of six children living on the three neighboring farms that everybody calls "noisy village" because of its "high spirits." Line illustrations.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:00 -0400)

Ten-year-old Lisa tells about her brothers and playmates and the happy times they spend at work and at play in their Swedish village.

Legacy Library: Astrid Lindgren

Astrid Lindgren has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Astrid Lindgren's legacy profile.

See Astrid Lindgren's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,399,055 books! | Top bar: Always visible