Fantasy Baseball by Alan M. Gratz

Fantasy Baseball

by Alan M. Gratz

Despite the fantastical premise (which seemed right up my alley), it took me about a third of the book to really get into the story. Baseball's just not my thing, I guess. But once I was invested in the characters, it all went much smoother, and I could get back to enjoying all the little cameos from books and characters I've loved all my life (I especially loved the brief, unheralded appearance of Tintin and Snowy). The ending was a little neat for my taste, but at the same time, not a traditional happily ever after. I think this would be a book to recommend to baseball fans, fantasy fans, Wizard of Oz fans and voracious readers of all kinds who will thrill at seeing their favorite characters in a new setting. ( )
  shazzerwise | Feb 28, 2012 |
I really,really liked this book. It was about a boy named Alex. When the book starts Alex finds himself on a bus with a bunch of characters from old books, getting ready to be in a baseball tournament. Alex joins their team just thinking it's a dream. He loves to play baseball. But this isn't just a normal tournment. If your team wins you each get a wish granted. And to make matters worse, a wolf is trying to eat him. fantasy/adventure
What I liked: I love baseball, reading, adventure, fantasy, and stories. This book had all of that. It was an amazing story line that kept me readin it and enjoying it. I really like how each of the baseball teams were different story book teams.
What I didn't like: Hmmm.... Well I can't think about much I didn't like, the characters were great, and so was the story line. I guess the worst part was that it ended. And I guess I didn't care for the ending as much either. It was sort of a mystery still.
I reccomend this book to anyone. It's a great book. I really really hope the author comes out with a second book. ( )
  adventures | May 28, 2011 |

A twelve-year-old boy wakes up in Ever After, where he is recruited by Dorothy to play first base for the Oz Cyclones in the Ever After Baseball Tournament.

Alan M. Gratz is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,319,459 books! | Top bar: Always visible