The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

The Power of Six

by Pittacus Lore

Very quick easy read. The only thing I don't like about this series is how confusing it gets trying to keep everything straight especially in the battle scenes.All the different type of animals and what each are capable of and what they look like for example. It would be nice to have some kind of reference. I also find myself getting confused on the characters a lot their names/ numbers and their abilities. As this series is an old one a reference is not going to happen(unless there's a book out there that I don't know about that does this and there might be) but I suggest to anyone who is thinking of reading this to keep there own log of whats what and who's who. ( )
  justablondemoment | Sep 10, 2014 |
This book was spectacular. It had the amazing plot and characters I liked from the first book, with a better writing style that made it more read-able.
I like the way the series brings in its new characters over time. I adored reading Marina's point of view, it was refreshing to have a calmer, female voice and a new perspective on the situation.
The US government being added into the mix made things more exciting, though I think it would have been better if not ALL the government characters were represented as universally bad.
Six shined like a star throughout the book, proving herself the true heroine I knew she would be. Go Six for kicking John's ass in training!
Sam was as endearing as ever, and his father's back story was interesting.
John on the other hand- he was generally likeable in an ordinary, almost bland way in the first book, and remains so, but some of his actions in this book were awful.

Kissing the girl he knows his best friend likes, whilst still having a girlfriend? The crush was understandable, but show some restraint!
And I wanted to yell at him for abandoning Six in a fight to meet up with Sarah, it was incredibly selfish.
I hope he redeems himself in the next book, but he has some serious apologising and grovelling to do in my opinion.
  Sweet_Serenity | May 20, 2014 |
DANG IT. ANOTHER BOOK IN THE SERIES IS DONE. WHY?! ...and more importantly: When's the next book coming out? 8I ...cause I'm not sure I can take this waiting thing.

If you're reading the series and paying attention to my reviews at all, you'll know that I fangirled over the first book in this series, I Am Number Four. Well, reading The Power of Six has turned up with pretty much the same results. If nothing else, it's nice to see that an author's writing can continue to be consistently interesting and gripping, promising and exciting, as well as delivering things in a manner that shows a clear writing style. Like the previous book, The Power of Six builds up gradually, at a relaxed pace, and then it all randomly bursts and begins to rush you forward from one action scene to another. If nothing else, Pittacus has the roller-coaster feeling down pact.

He. Is. Doing. An. Amazing. Job.

I'm not gonna go on the whole "trying to convince you to read this" trip again. If you're here at all, it's because you showed enough interest in the first book in order to pick up the second (or at least check out a review about it). You can expect much of the same in this book as was in the last. Less emphasis on the normal and everyday however, and much, much more on the growing war. And trust me, ladies and gents, the war's a'comin'. If this book doesn't make it clear, then nothing will.

I think the last thing I have to say is that, once again, I can't help but praise the way that Pittacus has a way of surprising you. You're constantly expecting one thing to happen, and even when you're right, things never unfold quite how you expect them to. He's great at doing that to you. And for most readers, that's essential for keeping a story interesting. I also like how he took the unfolding romance in stride in this book. It's weird, and I'm not sure if it's settled quite well with me yet, but the way he handled it, I'm not as ruffled as I was initially. At the very least, no one's deceiving anybody about their emotions, and trust me. That's hard to find. Especially in today's crap. Not even gonnna give them the decency of titling them "books", because they haven't earned that right.

BUT! I digress! In the end, this book is really worth continuing. If anything, things are maintaining the same level of intrigue and excitement that fluxes throughout the first book. It's done very well, and if you haven't already, give this series a shot. If you've tried it out and it's just not your genre or not your taste at all, then that's fine. Someone else might like it more. My advice though is to definitely check it out. I think you'll find it a very entertaining and engaging read. ( )
  N.T.Embe | Dec 31, 2013 |
Great book leaves you hanging and you dont want to put the book down ( )
  Loganswim | Oct 25, 2013 |
Ok this is probably the best book i have ever read, no joke.
I was on the edge of my seat like the whole entier book
I'm not a book person usally but when i pick up the first book in the series it was love at first word ( )
  squidfish24 | Oct 23, 2013 |
The events in this book are real.

Names and places have been changed to protect the Lorien Six, who remain in hiding.

Other civilizations do exist.

Some of them seek to destroy you.
My name is Marina, as of the sea, but I wasn't called that until much later.

In a Spanish convent, seventeen-year-old Marina longs to join forces with her fellow Loriens to prepare for battle with the Mogadorians who destroyed their home planet, while in the United States, John, Six, and Sam elude authorities who think John is a terrorist.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,707,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible