The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

The Power of Six

by Pittacus Lore

The addition of perspectives from multiple characters makes this book far more interesting than the previous one. Six and Marina were nice additions to the Lorien tale. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 18, 2015 |
I really liked this book and I found it even better than the first book!! The lack of Sarah made this so much more enjoyable. Meeting seven, Nine and Ten was great also. I am just super frustrated with the end of the book!! I didn't want them all split up and I didn't want Sam to be in trouble and the leader is there so that sucks. But I mean I'm finally happy to be reading a book with amazing character and plot development. Nothing is rushed or too slow. Everything is done in perfect timing. ( )
  thatgirlbookworm | Aug 5, 2015 |
Another helping of popcorn and we get a bit more of the origin story. The main problem is there is very little difference between the characters and you can really only tell who is speaking or leading the chapter by the other characters around them. I believe this is why they are constantly splitting up, simply so it is easier to separate them. Fun but not food for the brain by any means ( )
  areadingmachine | Jul 6, 2015 |
This book has the return of Four, Six, and the introduction of Seven, Ten, and Nine. It has some nice new non-alien characters, too. The problem is that it has many instances when, in order to advance the plot, the authors had John make absolutely STUPID decisions. So. three times the authors couldn't think of another way to advance the plot except to have John do something so idiotic that it made me roll my eyes and say "as if that would ever happen." As an author, I'll let you get a way with one of those in a series (not one per book - just one per series), but you don't get away with three. That just shows me that you're a grade C writer. Further, why would the other characters stick with a kid who is so self-destructive as to be nearly suicidal. I own all the other books, and even though I'd like to know how the Loriens save the earth, I doubt I'll bother to finish the series. ( )
  whymaggiemay | Dec 1, 2014 |
The Second book of the series Lorien Legacies is as good as the first book. This book is jammed packed with action and parts of this book had me griped that I couldn't put it down. Last time they teamed up with six and now on the run the Mogadorien and the FBI. They then back track back to paradise Ohio after discovering that Sam’s father was an allie with Lorien and was abducted by aliens. But also that the well in the backyard is a secret office. But there attacked by the Mogs and separate which leads to FBI capturing and then escaping prison. But meanwhile in Spain Number seven has been found and her cepan or guardian has been killed. But she has help from her friend hector and number ten and her cepan. Back in America six has left to help in Spain and now four and Sam are looking for him and sixes chest but they don't find sixes chest but number nines which is being held the mogodorien base. Nine and four escape but same is trapped in sided and they can’t get him out. Back in Spain six has arrived fighting alongside with seven and ten. The battle is won againts the army of soldiers and giant beast but Hector doesn't make it. Now four nine six seven and ten are searching for the other numbers to stop the mogadoriens.

The reason I liked this book was because it was action packed and full of new characters. Also I enjoyed the first book in the series so I thought I’d read the second book. I recommend this book for any one that likes a good action and sci-fi book. I also recommend you the first book or this book will make no sense to you and the first one was a good book too. I also like that it left on a slight cliff hanger wasn't that much of one that left me wanting to read more. To conclude this book is a good action and sci-fi book with parts that will keep you from putting it down. ( )
  JacobDb1 | Oct 10, 2014 |
The events in this book are real.

Names and places have been changed to protect the Lorien Six, who remain in hiding.

Other civilizations do exist.

Some of them seek to destroy you.
My name is Marina, as of the sea, but I wasn't called that until much later.

In a Spanish convent, seventeen-year-old Marina longs to join forces with her fellow Loriens to prepare for battle with the Mogadorians who destroyed their home planet, while in the United States, John, Six, and Sam elude authorities who think John is a terrorist.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,948,020 books! | Top bar: Always visible