The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies) by…

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies) (edition 2011)

by Pittacus Lore

Member:JaceWolff
Title:The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies)
Authors:Pittacus Lore
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Hardcover, 416 pages

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

Recently added bymcdherr, private library, PriPri77, kaitybeth, mtlkch, arena555, shadana

Man I'm so pissed that I'm done and the next full novel isn't out yet! I have to wait to find out what happens next. This series has definitely kept me interested! ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |
An interesting story ( )
  shadana | Jun 20, 2016 |
I really like these stories. However, I must ask: What is UP with the different fonts? I understand that it is meant to be a visual reminder of the PoV, but I found it to be really jarring. Also, I kept reading the font for number Four in a robot voice in my head. I can't help it, but that's what I hear when I see that font. I thought that I would get used to it as I got farther into the book, but no such luck.

I also have a bit of a problem with authors who write themselves into the books. I find it to be too overbearing and heavy handed. I want to be immersed in a book and things like that snap me right out of it. I wouldn't have a problem with it as much if the author wrote himself in a humble or lowly part, but Pittacus Lore was a supreme being who brought hope to all of the people. Hmmmmmm...

The story is strong enough on its own without these gimmicks. ( )
  BuffyBarber | Jun 5, 2016 |
Great follow up to I am number four. I'm looking forward to the rest of this series ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
Let's be honest: it's not very good. The writing isn't awful, but it's not great. The plot is full of holes that are badly patched. Plot twists that come out of nowhere (not in a good way), and solutions that are too convenient. Villains that are stereotypical and one dimensional, conveniently turning to ash when they die so there's no guilt or conflicting emotions when a hero kills them. They're so "evil" that they're dehumanized and so aren't even interesting.

But there's a certain enjoyable aspect about it. It's different than most YA literature in that it's science fiction (sort of) and focuses on a boy rather than a girl. It has more action than romance.

I just really wish it were better. If it didn't take itself so seriously, it might be. But it just isn't that great. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Mar 30, 2016 |
The events in this book are real.

Names and places have been changed to protect the Lorien Six, who remain in hiding.

Other civilizations do exist.

Some of them seek to destroy you.
My name is Marina, as of the sea, but I wasn't called that until much later.

In a Spanish convent, seventeen-year-old Marina longs to join forces with her fellow Loriens to prepare for battle with the Mogadorians who destroyed their home planet, while in the United States, John, Six, and Sam elude authorities who think John is a terrorist.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,714,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible