The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies) by…

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies) (edition 2011)

by Pittacus Lore

Member:JaceWolff
Title:The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies)
Authors:Pittacus Lore
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Hardcover, 416 pages

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

This book has the return of Four, Six, and the introduction of Seven, Ten, and Nine. It has some nice new non-alien characters, too. The problem is that it has many instances when, in order to advance the plot, the authors had John make absolutely STUPID decisions. So. three times the authors couldn't think of another way to advance the plot except to have John do something so idiotic that it made me roll my eyes and say "as if that would ever happen." As an author, I'll let you get a way with one of those in a series (not one per book - just one per series), but you don't get away with three. That just shows me that you're a grade C writer. Further, why would the other characters stick with a kid who is so self-destructive as to be nearly suicidal. I own all the other books, and even though I'd like to know how the Loriens save the earth, I doubt I'll bother to finish the series. ( )
  whymaggiemay | Dec 1, 2014 |
The Second book of the series Lorien Legacies is as good as the first book. This book is jammed packed with action and parts of this book had me griped that I couldn't put it down. Last time they teamed up with six and now on the run the Mogadorien and the FBI. They then back track back to paradise Ohio after discovering that Sam’s father was an allie with Lorien and was abducted by aliens. But also that the well in the backyard is a secret office. But there attacked by the Mogs and separate which leads to FBI capturing and then escaping prison. But meanwhile in Spain Number seven has been found and her cepan or guardian has been killed. But she has help from her friend hector and number ten and her cepan. Back in America six has left to help in Spain and now four and Sam are looking for him and sixes chest but they don't find sixes chest but number nines which is being held the mogodorien base. Nine and four escape but same is trapped in sided and they can’t get him out. Back in Spain six has arrived fighting alongside with seven and ten. The battle is won againts the army of soldiers and giant beast but Hector doesn't make it. Now four nine six seven and ten are searching for the other numbers to stop the mogadoriens.

The reason I liked this book was because it was action packed and full of new characters. Also I enjoyed the first book in the series so I thought I’d read the second book. I recommend this book for any one that likes a good action and sci-fi book. I also recommend you the first book or this book will make no sense to you and the first one was a good book too. I also like that it left on a slight cliff hanger wasn't that much of one that left me wanting to read more. To conclude this book is a good action and sci-fi book with parts that will keep you from putting it down. ( )
  JacobDb1 | Oct 10, 2014 |
In “The Power of Six,” readers are re-introduced to Numbers Four and Six, as well as Sam, as they try to figure out their next steps. We are also introduced to Number Seven, who has been hiding in a convent in Spain with her Cepan (teacher) for years.

See rest of review at: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/ ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
I didn't like the beginning as much as the first book. I guess that's how most sequels are. BUt as I got farther, it got better. ( )
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
The events in this book are real.

Names and places have been changed to protect the Lorien Six, who remain in hiding.

Other civilizations do exist.

Some of them seek to destroy you.
My name is Marina, as of the sea, but I wasn't called that until much later.

In a Spanish convent, seventeen-year-old Marina longs to join forces with her fellow Loriens to prepare for battle with the Mogadorians who destroyed their home planet, while in the United States, John, Six, and Sam elude authorities who think John is a terrorist.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,481,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible