The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies) by…

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies) (edition 2011)

by Pittacus Lore

Member:JaceWolff
Title:The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies)
Authors:Pittacus Lore
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Hardcover, 416 pages

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

In “The Power of Six,” readers are re-introduced to Numbers Four and Six, as well as Sam, as they try to figure out their next steps. We are also introduced to Number Seven, who has been hiding in a convent in Spain with her Cepan (teacher) for years.

See rest of review at: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/ ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
I didn't like the beginning as much as the first book. I guess that's how most sequels are. BUt as I got farther, it got better. ( )
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
Very quick easy read. The only thing I don't like about this series is how confusing it gets trying to keep everything straight especially in the battle scenes.All the different type of animals and what each are capable of and what they look like for example. It would be nice to have some kind of reference. I also find myself getting confused on the characters a lot their names/ numbers and their abilities. As this series is an old one a reference is not going to happen(unless there's a book out there that I don't know about that does this and there might be) but I suggest to anyone who is thinking of reading this to keep there own log of whats what and who's who. ( )
  justablondemoment | Sep 10, 2014 |
This book was spectacular. It had the amazing plot and characters I liked from the first book, with a better writing style that made it more read-able.
I like the way the series brings in its new characters over time. I adored reading Marina's point of view, it was refreshing to have a calmer, female voice and a new perspective on the situation.
The US government being added into the mix made things more exciting, though I think it would have been better if not ALL the government characters were represented as universally bad.
Six shined like a star throughout the book, proving herself the true heroine I knew she would be. Go Six for kicking John's ass in training!
Sam was as endearing as ever, and his father's back story was interesting.
John on the other hand- he was generally likeable in an ordinary, almost bland way in the first book, and remains so, but some of his actions in this book were awful.

Kissing the girl he knows his best friend likes, whilst still having a girlfriend? The crush was understandable, but show some restraint!
And I wanted to yell at him for abandoning Six in a fight to meet up with Sarah, it was incredibly selfish.
I hope he redeems himself in the next book, but he has some serious apologising and grovelling to do in my opinion.
  Sweet_Serenity | May 20, 2014 |
The events in this book are real.

Names and places have been changed to protect the Lorien Six, who remain in hiding.

Other civilizations do exist.

Some of them seek to destroy you.
My name is Marina, as of the sea, but I wasn't called that until much later.

In a Spanish convent, seventeen-year-old Marina longs to join forces with her fellow Loriens to prepare for battle with the Mogadorians who destroyed their home planet, while in the United States, John, Six, and Sam elude authorities who think John is a terrorist.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,971,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible