dismiss

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Bossypants

by Tina Fey (Author & Narrator)

From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon, comedian Tina Fey reveals all, and proves that you're no one until someone calls you bossy.… (more)

English (451)  Piratical (1)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (454)
Funny, silly, smart. (Wait for the paperback or a library copy.) ( )
  szbuhayar | May 24, 2020 |
Rated: B
Found myself giggling throughout this book as she weaves her life story from youth to success in screen and film. ( )
  jmcdbooks | May 24, 2020 |
After listening to Amy Poehler's Yes Please on audiobook this summer, I thought I'd try the audiobook of Tina Fey's Bossypants. I have wanted to read Bossypants for a while but it just hasn't been high on my TBR, and I picked it up on audio. Overall, it was an enjoyable listen. Tina Fey is a wonderful narrator of her own book (thankfully) and I enjoyed hearing about her adolescence and path to SNL. The whole bit about Sarah Palin was really fascinating. Yet this memoir just didn't have the same quality Yes Please did, and I was less invested in Tina Fey's history. The 4th wall was broken without subtlety too often for my taste and it seemed to skim over interesting aspects of her experiences at SNL and 30 Rock. Where Poehler mixed humor with series emotion, it felt like Fey focused on borderline shock jokes without enough seriousness.

Though Fey's book wasn't as dynamic and engaging as I hoped, it was still worth the time and I'm glad I picked it up. ( )
  bookishtexpat | May 21, 2020 |
This lady's humlarious! ( )
  lanewillson | May 3, 2020 |
Audiobook read by Tina was really funny. Loved it. ( )
  lvdark | Apr 29, 2020 |
Only the American comic Tina Fey could get away with such a revelation-free 'memoir'.

But Fey’s memoir is wholly cleansed of any real darkness. It preempts any probing into real frailties and flaws. Of course, this is the point; it is designed to disarm.

Neurosis makes Bossypants funny (and it is very funny), but it is fueled by reflexive self-deprecation instead of real reflection.

Fey, TinaAuthor & Narratorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Audio, HachettePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jeanne Fey: Happy Mother's Day. I made this out of macaroni for you.
Welcome Friend, Congratulations on your purchase of this American-made genuine book.

Actress Tina Fey recounts her life, sharing how she managed to fulfill her dream of one day becoming a comedian on television and discussing her childhood, marriage, career, and views on beauty, politics, motherhood, and relationships.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,373,301 books! | Top bar: Always visible