Bossypants by Tina Fey

Bossypants (edition 2011)

by Tina Fey

Authors:Tina Fey
Info:New York : Little, Brown and Co., 2011.
Tags:READ2011, Autobiography, Writers, Comedy Writers, Television, Nerds, Improv, Comedy, Parenting, Managers, Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock

Bossypants by Tina Fey (Author)

Recently added byellemichele, private library, DAJACOBS, GigisIrieReads, JustinDrown, trinalin, Sareene, dctowne

English (380)  Piratical (1)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (383)
I listened to the audio version of the book which was read by the author. The book touched on childhood, teen & college years, working at SNL and 30 Rock. It was raunchy in places and funny in places. Although I'd prefer less raunchy humor, it was still entertaining especially hearing Tina read it. ( )
  gaylebutz | Oct 18, 2016 |
Two words: loved it!

The audio book version is a must. It's like a several hour long stand up routine with the author reading it. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Tina Fey. ( )
  amcheri | Aug 22, 2016 |
  LindaCarvelli | Aug 15, 2016 |
I'm so late to this show that all I can do is join in the cheers for Tina Fey's writing ability and humor, and regret that I have never watched 30 Rock. I'm a fool, and so are you if you don't find immense fun in every word. Kudos for actually calling her dad "Don Fey" because that's just the kinda guy he is. ( )
  froxgirl | Aug 5, 2016 |
I laughed out loud reading this ( )
  Ahtoosa | Aug 3, 2016 |
Only the American comic Tina Fey could get away with such a revelation-free 'memoir'.
But Fey’s memoir is wholly cleansed of any real darkness. It preempts any probing into real frailties and flaws. Of course, this is the point; it is designed to disarm.

Neurosis makes Bossypants funny (and it is very funny), but it is fueled by reflexive self-deprecation instead of real reflection.

Fey, TinaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fey, TinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jeanne Fey: Happy Mother's Day. I made this out of macaroni for you.
Welcome Friend, Congratulations on your purchase of this American-made genuine book.

Actress Tina Fey recounts her life, sharing how she managed to fulfill her dream of one day becoming a comedian on television and discussing her childhood, marriage, career, and views on beauty, politics, motherhood, and relationships.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0316056863, Hardcover)

Amazon Best Books of the Month, April 2011: Tina Fey’s new book Bossypants is short, messy, and impossibly funny (an apt description of the comedian herself). From her humble roots growing up in Pennsylvania to her days doing amateur improv in Chicago to her early sketches on Saturday Night Live, Fey gives us a fascinating glimpse behind the curtain of modern comedy with equal doses of wit, candor, and self-deprecation. Some of the funniest chapters feature the differences between male and female comedy writers ("men urinate in cups"), her cruise ship honeymoon ("it’s very Poseidon Adventure"), and advice about breastfeeding ("I had an obligation to my child to pretend to try"). But the chaos of Fey’s life is best detailed when she’s dividing her efforts equally between rehearsing her Sarah Palin impression, trying to get Oprah to appear on 30 Rock, and planning her daughter’s Peter Pan-themed birthday. Bossypants gets to the heart of why Tina Fey remains universally adored: she embodies the hectic, too-many-things-to-juggle lifestyle we all have, but instead of complaining about it, she can just laugh it off. --Kevin Nguyen

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:31 -0400)

From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon, comedian Tina Fey reveals all, and proves that you're no one until someone calls you bossy.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,828,751 books! | Top bar: Always visible