Bossypants by Tina Fey

Authors:Tina Fey
Info:Reagan Arthur / Little, Brown (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages
Rating:***

Bossypants by Tina Fey

humor, memoir, comdey ( )
  MsFunk | Jul 16, 2014 |
I think Tina Fey is hilarious. I enjoyed her little comments throughout the book. To be honest, I skimmed her childhood and 30 Rock chapters. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
This was a fun book from start to finish. I can't say how much of it is accurate, and I can't say how much I leaned about here but it was a fun book to read and literally laugh out loud while reading. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
"When it's true, it doesn't need to be said." ( )
  PamZaragoza | Jun 27, 2014 |
Having only been a casual fan of Tina Fey and SNL her book brought me up to an adamant fan level. I would highly recommend the audiobook version as she narrates it and gives more character to the book than you could get from just reading it.

I really had no idea about her past, how 30 Rock got started or her side of the 'Sarah Palin' character went down but she explains everything and it's worthwhile, hilarious and something else here that's supposed to be funny or heart warming but I'm no comedian. ( )
  wrysosrs | Jun 19, 2014 |
Only the American comic Tina Fey could get away with such a revelation-free 'memoir'.

But Fey’s memoir is wholly cleansed of any real darkness. It preempts any probing into real frailties and flaws. Of course, this is the point; it is designed to disarm.

Neurosis makes Bossypants funny (and it is very funny), but it is fueled by reflexive self-deprecation instead of real reflection.

Tina Feyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fey, TinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jeanne Fey: Happy Mother's Day. I made this out of macaroni for you.
Welcome Friend, Congratulations on your purchase of this American-made genuine book.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0316056863, Hardcover)

Amazon Best Books of the Month, April 2011: Tina Fey’s new book Bossypants is short, messy, and impossibly funny (an apt description of the comedian herself). From her humble roots growing up in Pennsylvania to her days doing amateur improv in Chicago to her early sketches on Saturday Night Live, Fey gives us a fascinating glimpse behind the curtain of modern comedy with equal doses of wit, candor, and self-deprecation. Some of the funniest chapters feature the differences between male and female comedy writers ("men urinate in cups"), her cruise ship honeymoon ("it’s very Poseidon Adventure"), and advice about breastfeeding ("I had an obligation to my child to pretend to try"). But the chaos of Fey’s life is best detailed when she’s dividing her efforts equally between rehearsing her Sarah Palin impression, trying to get Oprah to appear on 30 Rock, and planning her daughter’s Peter Pan-themed birthday. Bossypants gets to the heart of why Tina Fey remains universally adored: she embodies the hectic, too-many-things-to-juggle lifestyle we all have, but instead of complaining about it, she can just laugh it off. --Kevin Nguyen

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:58:54 -0400)

From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon, comedian Tina Fey reveals all, and proves that you're no one until someone calls you bossy.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,627,576 books! | Top bar: Always visible