Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse 1) by James S.…

Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse 1) (edition 2011)

by James S. A. Corey

Title:Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse 1)
Authors:James S. A. Corey
Info:Orbit (2011), Paperback, 592 pages
Collections:Your library, Fiction

Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey

English (79)  Catalan (1)  Norwegian (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (82)
"" ( )
  rouzejp | Sep 2, 2015 |
I really liked this book. It was a lot of fun, the charactures were mostly interesting and the physics were realistic without being too limited. While some of it was a bit crazy, there was no part where I really had trouble suspending my disbeif. The alienness of it was also neat if not intensely thught provoking. And i gues that was the only real drawback. It lack the true gravitas and thought provoking nature of the truely great Space Operas like the Dune Series or even Starmaker. That said I really enjoyed it and had trouble putting it down. ( )
  FarmerNick | Aug 31, 2015 |
A cool, gritty space epic with a truly scary "bad guy." ( )
  LJMax | Aug 21, 2015 |
Awesome debut. Read it in two days, so clearly I liked it a lot. Would give 5 stars but I feel it was still a bit rough in a few places, and maybe could have been edited down a bit. But I am fully on board, have the next two books coming already. ( )
  dcunning11235 | Aug 18, 2015 |
Good, rollicking Space Opera. It dragged a bit in the middle - too many shoot-outs and running away from the baddies - but all-in-all I enjoyed it as good, escapist fun. ( )
  SChant | Aug 11, 2015 |

James S. A. Coreyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Abraham, DanielAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Franck, TyAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Benshoff, KirkCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dociu, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jayné and Kat, who encourage me
to daydream about spaceships
The Scopuli has been taken eight days ago, and Julie Mao was finally ready to be shot.
"Sure," Holden said. "I just needed to feel sorry for myself for a minute there. Let's go get killed by the mafia."

Humanity has colonized the solar system - Mars, the Moon, the Asteroid Belt and beyond - but the stars are still out of our reach.

Jim Holden is XO of an ice miner making runs from the rings of Saturn to the mining stations of the Belt. When he and his crew stumble upon a derelict ship, The Scopuli, they find themselves in possession of a secret they never wanted. A secret that someone is willing to kill for - and kill on a scale unfathomable to Jim and his crew. War is brewing in the system unless he can find out who left the ship and why.

Detective Miller is looking for a girl. One girl in a system of billions, but her parents have money and money talks. When the trail leads him to The Scopuli and rebel sympathizer Holden, he realizes that this girl may be the key to everything.

Holden and Miller must thread the needle between the Earth government, the Outer Planet revolutionaries, and secretive corporations - and the odds are against them. But out in the Belt, the rules are different, and one small ship can change the fate of the universe.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:38 -0400)

When Captain Jim Holden's ice miner stumbles across a derelict, abandoned ship, he uncovers a secret that threatens to throw the entire system into war. Attacked by a stealth ship belonging to the Mars fleet, Holden must find a way to uncover the motivesbehind the attack, stop a war and find the truth behind a vast conspiracy that threatens the entire human race.… (more)

291 wanted4 pay4 pay

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,721,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible