dismiss

Mortimer Moorecook, retired Wall Street raider, avid collector, is losing his fight against cancer. With weeks to live, a package arrives at the door of his hillside mansion, an artifact he paid millions for, a hominoid skull with elongated teeth, discovered in a farmer's field in the Romanian countryside. With Shanna, his beautiful research assistant looking on, he sinks the skull's razor sharp fangs into his neck, and immediately goes into convulsions.… (more)

This was a rip roaring, funny gore fest!
Draculas was written by four authors: Jeff Strand, Jack Kilborn, F. Paul Wilson and Blake Crouch.
These are anti-sparkle vampires. All they want is blood and they will even suck their own if nothing else is available.
I don't even know what to say about the clown, other than it makes Pennywise look as nice as Bozo. I won't even mention the balloon animals.
This story ends at approximately 50% off the download. There are also 2 short stories and an interview with the authors. Finally, there is a set of emails between the authors at the end, discussing how they put the story together. For whatever reason I found the emails to be fascinating.
I could not tell while reading which author wrote what parts. Everything blended together seamlessly. All in all this was a gory horror story with some extremely funny scenes and I enjoyed the hell out of it. ( )
  Charrlygirl | Mar 22, 2020 |
Draculas
A Novel of Terror
By: F. Paul Wilson, Blake Crouch, Jack Kilborn, Jeff Strand
Narrated by: Eric Dawe
This really should be called the Phases of a Dracula, lol! There is an outbreak of vampire -ism at the local hospital! I enjoyed it, It was a gory story with some parts suspenseful and others I giggled through. I pictured this as one of those late night movies you watch when you can't sleep! 😁
The narration was good! ( )
  MontzaleeW | Feb 26, 2020 |
My digital copy has 520 pages and I must agree with the other reviewers that this isn't a book for the squeamish and it certainly isn't for the person that holds romantic ideas about vampires. This book does not have an edward or a regal Count who woos his preys, rather it has bloodthirsty fiends who consume anyone without so much as a thought.

I finished the book and it's terrific! I'd have to say one of the best vampire stories I've read in a long time. I sincerely hope that they publish a sequel. ( )
  Mike79 | Oct 5, 2013 |
This is one strang vampire book, but I loved it!!! ( )
  dragonmistress | Sep 10, 2013 |
Ok, I don't know where to begin describing this plot. It is a wild ride, full of mayhem and GORE. This is NOT your TWILIGHT VAMPIRES. They are LAND SHARKS! The story begins when an excentric billionaire buys what is supposed to be DRACULA's Skull, filled with shark like teeth. {Think 30 Day's of Night} He is old and dying and has a plan...to live forever. He grabs the skull and bites himself in the neck. And then is taken to the local hospital where he dies and transforms into a creature who is hell bent on drinking blood. He soon transforms other people in the hospital and it goes on and on. These are blood thirsty vampires who are more like Zombie vamps. they even turn on each other. All of the action takes place in the hospital, where certain characters fight for their survival amdist the bloodbath going on around them. I can't say the book is Scary, although there were certain scenes that were very, very creepy. There is a Clown that truly scared the hell out of me! And the book if filled with humor blending in with the gore.{a wheelchair vampire?} A very interesting combination. Alot of the plot is very over the top and seems written for the screen. This was written by 4 Authors who shared in creating this gorefest. It was alot of fun reading and gagging thru the gory scenes, but very worthwhile. I loved the ending. Would love to see a sequel. ( )
  silversurfer | May 1, 2012 |

Kilborn, Jackprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Crouch, Blakemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Strand, Jeffmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilson, F. Paulmain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Bram Stoker, with deepest apologies
DRACULA'S SKULL UNEARTHED IN TRANSYLVANIA!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,066,832 books! | Top bar: Always visible