Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) by…

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) (edition 2011)

by Kiersten White

Member:readingdate
Title:Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
Authors:Kiersten White
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Hardcover
Tags:to-read

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Continuing her riveting series with the eloquent voice, vivid and funny writing and shining characters, Kiersten White brings the goods in the highly anticipated second book of her Paranormalcy series.

Like with Paranormalcy, I found being in Evie's head a delightful and very often hilarious experience. This book is slightly darker than the first and I liked that we get to explore the fairy realms and magics some more and deal with some conflicting and more troublesome emotions.

Other things I loved:

* Lend.
* The way the overarching story arch vs. local story arch is handled. There are still many questions left unanswered and you'll long to read the third book, but this book's story wraps up completely and neatly, leaving you with a feeling of satisfaction and a good anticipation.
* The writing style. It's just so comfortable, funny and quirky. It works incredibly well.

Things I didn't like so much:

* Too much Lorethan - and not in a good way. I like the character of Lorethan but found his actions and motivations in this book growing more and more strange and incomprehensible as the book continues. Where I felt I had a grip on the character before, after finishing this book I'm mystified and more than slightly horrified.
* This may sound strange, so I hope I explain it sufficiently. I really, really missed Lish, and felt as if Evie didn't think about her or miss her presence as much as I did.
* Evie becomes stupid and makes stupid decisions, most unlike her socially naive but street smart self from book one. Perhaps it's a part of showing her as "normal", in the author's mind? For me and most other people, teens most definitely included, it borders on TSTL. Whatevs, but for a while in the middle there I seriously thought: Evie would never fall for that shit.

Despite its problems, I had a fantastic time reading this book. I thoroughly enjoyed Supernaturally and wait in anticipation for the next (last?) one.

RECOMMENDED FOR: Fans of Paranormalcy - Paranormalcy is Required Reading before reading Supernaturally. Some series you can just start off in the middle. Not this one. So, some demographic as for Paranormalcy. ( )
  Leia-Ann | Apr 27, 2015 |
I recently finished Supernaturally, the second in a series about Evie, the girl with the power to see through glamors. Content with her new life outside of the International Paranormal Containment Agency Evie settles down to some "normal" living. She soon however grows disenchanted with her new life and is secretly please when the IPCA comes to ask for her help in controlling the Fae and whatever else is destroying the paranormal creatures. Here is where the 3 part of the love triangle comes into play in the shape of Jack, a human who can navigate the fairy realms as well as do seemingly impossible things for a human. Evie is torn between Jack and Lend but comes to learn a valuable lesson about good, evil and keeping secrets by the end of the story. Light-hearted, enjoyable and fun would be the best description of the second installment in this series. I'm glad that the 3rd one is coming out soon! ( )
  slsmitty25 | Feb 11, 2015 |
Not as good as Paranormalcy, I was very disapointed ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
I thought the ending was pretty predictable, but it was still an enjoyable continuation of the series. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
another book well written by kiersten white, i did not see the traitory coming, so unpredictable. ( )
  Mimi_styles | May 11, 2014 |

Sixteen-year-old Evie thinks she has left the International Paranormal Containment Agency, and her own paranormal activities, behind her when she is recruited to help at the Agency, where she discovers more about the dark faerie prophecy that threatens her future.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,482,505 books! | Top bar: Always visible