Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) by…

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) (edition 2011)

by Kiersten White

Member:readingdate
Title:Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
Authors:Kiersten White
Info:
Tags:to-read

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Recently added bykerers, amor_librorum, private library, ku., rainbowbrains, shurwitch, MaddieTimm, Mirandalg14

I thought the ending was pretty predictable, but it was still an enjoyable continuation of the series. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
another book well written by kiersten white, i did not see the traitory coming, so unpredictable. ( )
  Mimi_styles | May 11, 2014 |
I'm pretty sure that words can't begin to describe how much I love this series. From the second I picked up Paranormalcy, I was hooked. It's only been some serious budget issues that have prevented me from running downtown and buying my own copies. (which, rest assured, I WILL do as soon as the afore mentioned budget issues are resolved-I simply MUST own these books.)
I suppose there's always the worry that the second book in a series will be the Empire Strikes Back of the bunch. No worries here. Supernaturally delivers another slam dunk for Kiersten White. (Also, I love Empire Strikes Back. Don't get me wrong there.) It's seriously awesome.

Let's talk characters:

Evie: still supercool, still a girly tomboy (which my pal Yume said, so she gets credit for that), still carries Tasey around (though not as frequently as she did while working for IPCA), and she's still madly in love with Lend, who totally remains hot. Evie is the kind of girl that I'd hang out with in real life.

She finally gets some answers in this book, and while she may not like what she hears, at least she knows, right? The cool thing is what she does with those answers. Because really, it's not what I expected.

Lend: a little more absent in this one, as he's off studying at Georgetown. Still extremely hot, even in his real form, still the ideal boyfriend (where can I get me one of those?), and still totally charming. Even when he's upset, he's charming. I still love him. A lot.

Jack: new character introduced. For him, **&^&%^%$#@@#%$@!#$%^^&&**()(*&^%$@!!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&&^%$##$. Take that, Jack. Didn't like him. Not ever. (not the way he was written, just HIM. If he was a real guy, I'd totally hate on him. He was brilliantly written.)

White is still rocking the plotlines, still poking fun of the paranormal formula (In Which Evie Gets A Locker!!!), and doing it brilliantly. Also, I think I've said brilliantly quite a lot. It's just the best word I can think of right now for this book.

I love Kiersten White's writing style. Her wit literally leaps off the page at you. There were moments when I laughed out loud. I love that she substitutes 'bleep' for swear words. I love that she writes like normal people talk. Really, these are some of the best books I've ever read.
Plus: COVER LOVE. A lot of it. Seriously a lot of it.

All of that combines to make me completely Incoherent! ( )
  emmyson | Oct 9, 2013 |
Recommended

Supernaturally is the second book in the trilogy by Kiersten White. Evie and all the paranormal & human characters are back for a new adventure. Evie has been trying to fit into a normal high school and have a normal life. However, her old boss shows up with a boy named Jack. Evie ends up on several harrowing adventures with him. Jack is the only human that can navigate the Faerie Realms. Evie begins to question her relationship with her boyfriend, Lend.
Evie begins to find normal life somewhat dull, though she is still fine with it. However, she reluctantly tells her former boss, Raquel, that she would be willing to take on small jobs with the International Paranormal Containment Agency. She figured she’s just going to track down a few vampires; but there has been a upheaval in the paranormal community and her missions turn out to be a bit more dangerous.
As the second book, the story answers some questions left over from the first book. It definitely leads into the third and final book. I do not think this is a book that would be enjoyed by a reader who did not read the first book. There are so many paranormal characters that were introduced in the first book – which was a little overwhelming. This story is a continuation, without any introductions. If a library has the first book, they should definitely purchase the second book.
I wasn’t sure how I felt about this trilogy when I first started it, but after a while, I couldn’t stop. This book has appeal to readers who enjoy paranormal romances. There is a bit of comedy in White’s books that most readers will laugh at. I would say that the books are appropriate in content for middle school to high school. Nothing stood out as objectionable. This quick, enjoyable read will provide readers with an escape into a world filled with paranormal beings. ( )
  kmjanek | Aug 29, 2013 |
This definitely feels like a middle book. I spent a lot of time waiting for things to happen. Still enjoyed it, but I hope the third one's better. ( )
  JenJ. | Jul 21, 2013 |

Sixteen-year-old Evie thinks she has left the International Paranormal Containment Agency, and her own paranormal activities, behind her when she is recruited to help at the Agency, where she discovers more about the dark faerie prophecy that threatens her future.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,420,200 books! | Top bar: Always visible