Supernaturally (Paranormalcy) by Kiersten…

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy) (edition 2011)

by Kiersten White

Member:hobbitsies
Title:Supernaturally (Paranormalcy)
Authors:Kiersten White
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Hardcover, 352 pages
Rating:***

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

I recently finished Supernaturally, the second in a series about Evie, the girl with the power to see through glamors. Content with her new life outside of the International Paranormal Containment Agency Evie settles down to some "normal" living. She soon however grows disenchanted with her new life and is secretly please when the IPCA comes to ask for her help in controlling the Fae and whatever else is destroying the paranormal creatures. Here is where the 3 part of the love triangle comes into play in the shape of Jack, a human who can navigate the fairy realms as well as do seemingly impossible things for a human. Evie is torn between Jack and Lend but comes to learn a valuable lesson about good, evil and keeping secrets by the end of the story. Light-hearted, enjoyable and fun would be the best description of the second installment in this series. I'm glad that the 3rd one is coming out soon! ( )
  slsmitty25 | Feb 11, 2015 |
Not as good as Paranormalcy, I was very disapointed ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
I thought the ending was pretty predictable, but it was still an enjoyable continuation of the series. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
another book well written by kiersten white, i did not see the traitory coming, so unpredictable. ( )
  Mimi_styles | May 11, 2014 |
I'm pretty sure that words can't begin to describe how much I love this series. From the second I picked up Paranormalcy, I was hooked. It's only been some serious budget issues that have prevented me from running downtown and buying my own copies. (which, rest assured, I WILL do as soon as the afore mentioned budget issues are resolved-I simply MUST own these books.)
I suppose there's always the worry that the second book in a series will be the Empire Strikes Back of the bunch. No worries here. Supernaturally delivers another slam dunk for Kiersten White. (Also, I love Empire Strikes Back. Don't get me wrong there.) It's seriously awesome.

Let's talk characters:

Evie: still supercool, still a girly tomboy (which my pal Yume said, so she gets credit for that), still carries Tasey around (though not as frequently as she did while working for IPCA), and she's still madly in love with Lend, who totally remains hot. Evie is the kind of girl that I'd hang out with in real life.

She finally gets some answers in this book, and while she may not like what she hears, at least she knows, right? The cool thing is what she does with those answers. Because really, it's not what I expected.

Lend: a little more absent in this one, as he's off studying at Georgetown. Still extremely hot, even in his real form, still the ideal boyfriend (where can I get me one of those?), and still totally charming. Even when he's upset, he's charming. I still love him. A lot.

Jack: new character introduced. For him, **&^&%^%$#@@#%$@!#$%^^&&**()(*&^%$@!!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&&^%$##$. Take that, Jack. Didn't like him. Not ever. (not the way he was written, just HIM. If he was a real guy, I'd totally hate on him. He was brilliantly written.)

White is still rocking the plotlines, still poking fun of the paranormal formula (In Which Evie Gets A Locker!!!), and doing it brilliantly. Also, I think I've said brilliantly quite a lot. It's just the best word I can think of right now for this book.

I love Kiersten White's writing style. Her wit literally leaps off the page at you. There were moments when I laughed out loud. I love that she substitutes 'bleep' for swear words. I love that she writes like normal people talk. Really, these are some of the best books I've ever read.
Plus: COVER LOVE. A lot of it. Seriously a lot of it.

All of that combines to make me completely Incoherent! ( )
  emmyson | Oct 9, 2013 |

Sixteen-year-old Evie thinks she has left the International Paranormal Containment Agency, and her own paranormal activities, behind her when she is recruited to help at the Agency, where she discovers more about the dark faerie prophecy that threatens her future.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,705,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible