Supernaturally (Paranormalcy) by Kiersten…

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy) (edition 2011)

by Kiersten White

Member:hobbitsies
Title:Supernaturally (Paranormalcy)
Authors:Kiersten White
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Hardcover, 352 pages
Rating:***

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

I loved Supernaturally. I love Jack! he is awesome in this book! ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
To see Sophie's whole review on Supernaturally, click the link to the post on the CommonBookSense blog!

Am I back too soon? Sorry! I just couldn't help myself! This trilogy is just too good!!!
In this book Evie finally has a normal life until the agency finds out she's not dead and they try to recruit her again. What i don't understand is now that she has the life she's always wanted, why in the world would she want to go back? But, hey!! That's just me!! ( )
  CommonBookSense | Apr 1, 2016 |
Normal isn't all it's cracked up to be. Evie thought having a life away from IPCA would be more like Easton Heights. I don't think she realized how mundane it would be.

Evie has all the snarkiness she had in Paranormalcy. At times I wanted to beat some sense into her. She makes boneheaded decisions and doesn't include those she cares about. She's also way more depressed in this book. I know it has to do with not seeing Lend as much as she wants, but good gravy woman, get yourself together. Life isn't that bad.

I was surprised Rachel wasn't in the story more since she brought Evie back into missions. IPCA's new little accomplice, Jack, is EVERYWHERE. He reminds me of my son, absolutely cannot sit still. He also causes a ton of mischief. Reth makes a few appearances, and at times I was actually happy to see him. But I always go for the not so good guy. ;) We finally get answers to some of the questions we had in Paranormalcy. I happen to love getting new info, even if I'm left with more questions.

The storyline, for me, was pretty predictable. That's something I can overlook when it comes to White's writing. She's funny, and keeps you sucked in. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Whoever designed this book's cover must not have read it, as that just CAN'T be Evie! Especially not the Evie as performed by Emily Eiden in the audiobook version. Eiden's voice really makes the character come alive for me in a way that makes me feel fond of her, rather than annoyed at her for being such a teenager! I also enjoy the slightly different "take" on the paranormal world in this series. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
Ahh!
This book was awesome, I loved it, and I can't wait to read the next one!!! ( )
  elizabeth1929 | Oct 6, 2015 |

Sixteen-year-old Evie thinks she has left the International Paranormal Containment Agency, and her own paranormal activities, behind her when she is recruited to help at the Agency, where she discovers more about the dark faerie prophecy that threatens her future.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,622,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible