Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (edition 2011)

by Laini Taylor

Collections:Audiobooks, 2012, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:April 2012, Nov 2012, April 2014, YA, Fiction

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Chime by Franny Billingsley (LDiIonno)
    LDiIonno: Similar in the beauty of the writing, wonderful characters we care deeply about, sly humor, fabulous dialogue.
    Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (bluehighlighter)
    The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (faither)
    Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh (avalon_today)
    avalon_today: Both have sexy arrogant warrior winged beings. But one is more explicit than the other, can you guess?

English (384)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All (386)
Mixed feelings... But I may finish the series cuz I'm curious. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
I had heard many things about this book. It seemed that it was all over the Instagram and Booktube community. Id seen lots of mixed reviews concerning this book so I kept putting it off. That was a mistake! I think being apprehensive while going in made it so much better. I was blown away. It hooked me in from the very start and left me thirsting for the next installment. The world that Laini Taylor created was amazing. I've always loved books about angels and demons. But its always hard to find a good one with a strong plot. I already know this series will become one of my all time favorites. The way this book is written is just beautiful. Amazing words woven together to form an unforgettable story about love and war. The characters were all so fun to read from. I serious;y recommend this book. I know its a little hard to get into at first. For some people its a little slow and the narrative is a little strange but trust me, once you get to the end its worth it. ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
Concept was interesting, but the storytelling was something to be desired. ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
Concept was interesting, but the storytelling was something to be desired. ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
This is the best of young adult I've read so far. The main character is so interesting and unusual, the love story is not as boring as it could have been and the world is really really good.
So why not five stars? I think this really deserves five stars only and only if the sequal is better. As an introduction this was amazing but as a complete novel it... missed... something... I'm still not sure what it is.
I do want to see more of the creatures and I want to see more of the world trough Karou's eyes, not just the love story.
I can't wait to read the sequel but honestly anyone who doesn't care about y/a or is tired of same characters over and over should read this story.
Also I think TV show inspired by these stories would be great. ( )
  anukrose | Nov 2, 2016 |

Laini Taylorprimary authorall editionscalculated
Caplan, DaveCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Impey, AllisonDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santen, Gert vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well.
Walking to school over the snow-muffled cobbles, Karou had no sinister premonitions about the day.
Humanity, perhaps, that quality of benevolence that humans have, without irony, named after themselves.
She tastes like nectar and salt. Nectar and salt and apples. Pollen and stars and hinges. She tastes like fairy tales. Swan maidens at midnight. Cream on the tip of a fox's tongue. She tastes like hope.
Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes it own magic.
If it's not chocolate, it's not breakfast.
Evanescence was not, in itself, a grim fate. It was the way of things, to be unmade; it happened in natural death, every day.

Karou leads double
Life: art student and errand
Girl for wishmonger.
(passion4reading)
A fantastic tale
Of teeth exchanged for wishes
And forbidden love.
(passion4reading)

Seventeen-year-old Karou, a lovely, enigmatic art student in a Prague boarding school, carries a sketchbook of hideous, frightening monsters--the chimaerae who form the only family she has ever known.

Laini Taylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Laini Taylor.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,798,825 books! | Top bar: Always visible