Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke…

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) (edition 2011)

by Laini Taylor

Member:Bduke
Title:Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
Authors:Laini Taylor
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2011), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 432 pages
Collections:For school, Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:Supernatural, Angels, Mythology, Paranormal

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Chime by Franny Billingsley (LDiIonno)
    LDiIonno: Similar in the beauty of the writing, wonderful characters we care deeply about, sly humor, fabulous dialogue.
    Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (bluehighlighter)
    The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (faither)
    Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh (avalon_today)
    avalon_today: Both have sexy arrogant warrior winged beings. But one is more explicit than the other, can you guess?

English (376)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (378)
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are interesting, the storyline is entertaining and Laini does a great job of making the reader care for the characters. The story behind the two protagonists is slowly revealed on why Karou and Akiva are drawn to each other. They are so different yet the same. I liked the concept of portals that take you to different worlds that the humans don't know about. I really look forward to reading the next book. This is a YA book that is worth the read. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
So, it took me almost 2 weeks but I've finally finished it! It's not that it's a bad book. The story is actually fascinating. The drawn out way it was written made it really hard for me to get "into" the story though. It felt like there was absolutely nothing going on for the first 75% and then all of a sudden everything happens at once, followed by a cliffhanger. I don't think I'll be reading the rest of them... ( )
  Nadre.Wiggill | Jul 8, 2016 |
Amazing. This book is just simply
amazing.
Deep characters, perfect world building and the writing is sublime(to say the least). ( )
  FilipaCorreia | Jun 30, 2016 |
Hard to put this one down. Karou is a close 2nd to Katniss in the tough girl category. Akiva - oh, goodness! Angels, demons, dark secrets . . . ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
What an excellent book! SO unique and unlike any other book I have ever read. I could not put it down and finished it in 3 days.
I fell in instant love with Brimstone and Akiva. Karou is a fascinating character as well, I was hoping this wasn't a regular old teen paranormal romance and it definitely proved to be outside of every teen genre. Not sure why they call it a teen book anyhow! It has its own unique plot!
Every character in this book is unique and I was deeply intertwined and invested with this "other world".
I went straight to the library and picked up the sequel and look forward to the rest of the series. This would be a great movie! ( )
  XoVictoryXo | May 31, 2016 |

Laini Taylorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Caplan, DaveCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Impey, AllisonDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santen, Gert vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well.
Walking to school over the snow-muffled cobbles, Karou had no sinister premonitions about the day.
Humanity, perhaps, that quality of benevolence that humans have, without irony, named after themselves.
She tastes like nectar and salt. Nectar and salt and apples. Pollen and stars and hinges. She tastes like fairy tales. Swan maidens at midnight. Cream on the tip of a fox's tongue. She tastes like hope.
Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes it own magic.
If it's not chocolate, it's not breakfast.
Evanescence was not, in itself, a grim fate. It was the way of things, to be unmade; it happened in natural death, every day.

Karou leads double
Life: art student and errand
Girl for wishmonger.
(passion4reading)
A fantastic tale
Of teeth exchanged for wishes
And forbidden love.
(passion4reading)

Seventeen-year-old Karou, a lovely, enigmatic art student in a Prague boarding school, carries a sketchbook of hideous, frightening monsters--the chimaerae who form the only family she has ever known.

Laini Taylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Laini Taylor.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,551,293 books! | Top bar: Always visible