Booky Wook 2: This Time It's Personal…

Booky Wook 2: This Time It's Personal

by Russell Brand

Follows the now sober but still scandalous, sex-fueled star on his electrifying rise to international fame.

With book 1, I thought candid but without a conscience, this time there's a primordial conscience, but a lot of his life has just seemed empty and gross. ( )
  rosechimera | Mar 16, 2018 |
  rosechimera | Mar 16, 2018 |
A lot of people have mixed feelings about Russell Brand. I, myself, think that it would probably be difficult to contain an energy such as his in a 'real life' setting but I do find his book amusing and insightful. Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

"Life is not a postcard of life, life is essential and about detail, minutia and trivia."

"If I should die think only this of me, 'I thought it would be funny.'"

Brand displays a strange dichotomy of reverence toward women to an unattainable perfection and a misogynistic viewing of them as simply a means to a (happy) end(ing). This sequel, Booky Wook 2: This time it's personal, was everything I thought it would be and more. Its main focus is his continuing rise to fame and his sex addiction. He continues to astound me with his insight and irreverence. The ending is bittersweet but I'll leave that a mystery so as to whet your appetite. ;-) I look forward to hopefully reading more from him in the future. ( )
  AliceaP | Jul 20, 2014 |
One of those rare books that kept me awake till 3 a.m. because I just had to read a little bit more. Russell's voice, wonderful love of language, incredible flights of fancy and humour jump from every page. The book charts his rising fame where drug addiction is replaced by sex addiction, until the kicks become too tawdry even for him.

Russell comes across as honest, extremely self-aware, with a boyish vulnerable charm that softens but never excuses his selfish behaviour. He is controlled by a mischievous sprite that in turn yearns to be controlled by love. Good luck Katy. ( )
  LARA335 | Oct 26, 2011 |
Funny, and reprehensible. Is being self-aware a good thing when you're aware of being a bit of a tool? But this book did make me laugh a lot. And he's an intelligent man so hopefully he'll get over it. ( )
  annesadleir | Aug 31, 2011 |
Funniest book i have ever read, actually made me laugh out loud :)
added by Britaaanie05 | editbirtanie, Graant Britaanie

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,101,832 books! | Top bar: Always visible