Shimmer: A Riley Bloom Book (Radiance) by…

Shimmer: A Riley Bloom Book (Radiance) (edition 2011)

by Alyson Noël

Title:Shimmer: A Riley Bloom Book (Radiance)
Authors:Alyson Noël
Info:Square Fish (2011), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 208 pages

Shimmer by Alyson Noël

Quick read ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
Ok, so the first thing I'll have to admit to is not reading the first book. I didn't mean to, I didn't realise until I was reading it. This may be the main reason I didn't like it at all.
I really like the Author's other books but this one really didn't do anything for me at all.I think the main reason I didn't like it was that it was incredibly short, cliche and cheesy. I'm really not into all that cheesy stuff at all but if you are you might like it.
This book was so short, I felt like it was over before it had had a chance to begin. This is quite an easy read.
I also think that this book is aimed at a younger audience than me, maybe ten-twelve.
My biggest advice is to read the first book first, you may enjoy it more than I did. ( )
  kathy_chiff | Nov 23, 2013 |
This book is a little mature for elementary students, but a great read. I love the character Riley, she seems to be very similar to kids today. Very mature, but still has the innocence of a child.

The book was very educational and would be a great conversation piece. I highly recommend reading it.. ( )
  mariahpolen | Sep 25, 2013 |
Liked: Doesn't talk down about emotions involved in death and dying. short and easy to digest.
Disliked: Some of the story got a little preachy for my taste.
Readalikes: Ghostopolis, Skinjacker Trilogy, The Lying Game Series, The Everafter ( )
  GirlsonFire | Mar 6, 2013 |
This story in my opinion didn't hold up as well as Radiant Boy. In this one Riley goes looking for someone to save while on vacation with Bodhi and Buttercup. She ignores Bodhi's advice to not butt in until it is too late. Rebecca is an angry ghost who died when slaves revolted against their master. From all you can see about Rebecca she is the typical spoiled rich child. Riley spent most of this book relieving people's worst nightmares, in a world Rebecca has many stuck in. I think she should have listened more to what her guide had to tell her, and not let her stubbornness over rule her. A good book but not as good in my opinion as Radiant Boy was. ( )
  CommunityBookstop | Nov 23, 2011 |
If you think you know what it's like to be dead--- if you think it's just an eternity of harp music and cloud lounging--- well think again.

Having solved the matter of the Radiant Boy, Riley, Buttercup, and Bodhi are enjoying a well-deserved vacation. When Riley comes across a vicious black dog, against Bodhi’s advice, she decides to cross him over. While following the dog, she runs into a young ghost named Rebecca. Despite Rebecca’s sweet appearance, Riley soon learns she’s not at all what she seems. As the daughter of a former plantation owner, she is furious about being murdered during a slave revolt in 1733. Mired in her own anger, Rebecca is lashing out by keeping the ghosts who died along with her trapped in their worst memories. Can Riley help Rebecca forgive and forget without losing herself to her own nightmarish memories?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

Riley, dead at age twelve and now a Soul Catcher, works with her teacher Bodhi to help Rebecca, the daughter of a former plantation owner who, furious about being murdered during a 1733 slave revolt, is keeping those who died with her from crossing over.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,873,426 books! | Top bar: Always visible