Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's…

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to… (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Todd Burpo, Lynn Vincent

Member:chrisargo
Title:Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
Authors:Todd Burpo
Other authors:Lynn Vincent
Info:Thomas Nelson (2010), Edition: Original, Paperback, 192 pages

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo (2010)

English (144)  German (1)  All languages (145)
This book was amazing. I am not one hundred percent sure that he really visited Heaven, but I hope that he did. ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
Even if you already have faith in God, or maybe even if you don't, after you read this book your's and God's relationship will become very close. This was a very quick read because you become glued to the story learning a story about a very brave young boy. 5Q5P The cover art is okay and I'd recommend this to middle school and high school students as well as adults. I chose to read this book because my mom has read it before and liked it, and I knew it was being made into a movie. Also, I have heard a lot of good things about this. KaraB
  edspicer | Jul 23, 2014 |
This book was very interesting and not just a boring informational book like most people think non-fiction is. It told a great story and included good bits of information. 4Q4P The cover art is awesome and I'd recommend this book for middle school and high school students. I chose to read this because I had to read a non-fiction book for class and it caught my eye. AbigaleO
  edspicer | Jun 16, 2014 |
A three (almost four) year old boy, unbeknownst to even doctors who examine him, has a ruptured appendix which absesses. By the time his parents get him to the right hospital he is nearly dead. He is immediately rushed to surgery and barely survives. Months later the now four year old begins talking about things that occurred during the operation--things he has no way of knowing about.

This is an intriguing story. The comments made by little Colton Burpo are recorded by is father, Todd-a church pastor, and his mother, Sonja, are along with the account of the circumstances and events surrounding them.

A great read of an amazing story about something that is very controversial these days. Is Heaven for real? What is it like? Read this fascinating story and decide for yourself.

(This book has been made into a full-lengh feature film.) ( )
  RetdNavy | May 12, 2014 |

Todd Burpoprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vincent, Lynnsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
--Jesus of Nazareth
Prologue: The Fourth of July holiday calls up memories of patriotic parades, the savory scents of smoky barbecue, sweet corn, and night skies bursting with showers of light.

A young boy emerges from life-saving surgery with remarkable stories of his visit to heaven.

Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.

Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:23 -0400)

Presents the story of the four-year old son of a Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,659,871 books! | Top bar: Always visible