Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's…

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to… (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Todd Burpo, Lynn Vincent

Member:chrisargo
Title:Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
Authors:Todd Burpo
Other authors:Lynn Vincent
Info:Thomas Nelson (2010), Edition: Original, Paperback, 192 pages

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo (2010)

English (149)  German (1)  All languages (150)
Over all it was a good read. I am not sure I believe it as being true because the author was a pastor and his son supposedly knew all the fine details of the bible without ever hearing those things. But I believe children are always listening even when you think they aren't. How many times has he heard certain sermons that you didn't think he was old enough to comprehend. It was inspiring to think that it is possible that he went to heaven but I am still not convinced totally. ( )
  MrShawnsLilLady | Sep 12, 2014 |
This is a child's eye view of a trip to Heaven following a ruptured appendix. Told in the simple words of a child, matter of fact, lighthearted and filled with love. Colton comes "back" from the other side knowing where people were during his surgery, what long-dead relatives looked like, and that "Nobody is old and nobody wears glasses" in heaven. An uplifting tale. ( )
  Berly | Aug 31, 2014 |
Todd Burpo is the narrator of this story about his son, Colton, who suffered a life-threatening illness when he was three-years-old. Many months later, Colton began revealing insights about what he experienced while his body was on the operating table, but he was spending time in Heaven with Jesus, God, and a great-grandfather he never met. Todd details the emotions that he and his wife experienced as they struggled through Colton's dire illness, and then later as Colton's story began to unfold. At times I laughed, other times I cried, many times I rejoiced. This book should be required reading for every Christian (and if we can get a few atheists to read it as well, that would be great). Please read this. You won't regret it. ( )
  wscalfaro | Aug 6, 2014 |
Interesting book how to deal with changes. Author uses unique characters to justify his points. ( )
  alb435 | Aug 2, 2014 |
This is such a wonderful little book. I believe in heaven, but this book made me wonder exactly what heaven really is. It is a place that is the same for all of us or it is a place where our own belief system determines our experience? Even though I read this some time ago, it still makes me question myself. Maybe that's why I was drawn to read it! ( )
  Leena_Duncan | Jul 30, 2014 |

Todd Burpoprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vincent, Lynnsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
--Jesus of Nazareth
Prologue: The Fourth of July holiday calls up memories of patriotic parades, the savory scents of smoky barbecue, sweet corn, and night skies bursting with showers of light.

A young boy emerges from life-saving surgery with remarkable stories of his visit to heaven.

Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.

Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:23 -0400)

Presents the story of the four-year old son of a Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,672,827 books! | Top bar: Always visible