Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's…

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to… (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Todd Burpo, Lynn Vincent

Member:chrisargo
Title:Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
Authors:Todd Burpo
Other authors:Lynn Vincent
Info:Thomas Nelson (2010), Edition: Original, Paperback, 192 pages

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo (2010)

English (179)  German (1)  All languages (180)
There are a number of other reviewers I concur with so I can be short. It is a captivating story, and for that reason you power through it. Not every book published is supposed to be of great literary value, some are destined to set their hooks in you and hold on. I enjoyed the informal conversational style. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter to me if it is true or not, others can debate that. I am happy that it makes me think and question and wonder. I think that is enough. I will be asking my 15 year old son to read it. We don't take him to church because I was raised as a Catholic and I don't believe it is ok to pick and choose what aspects I follow. Recently he told me he doesn't believe in God because of the preponderance of scientific info, including but not limited evolution. I guess I need to challenge him to think too! ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
Fascinating story told in a personal and compelling manner. Thanks for the inspiration! ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
Loved it! Will go see the movie in a few weeks! ( )
  JerseyGirl21 | Jan 24, 2016 |
This is a very touching story of a boy that visits heaven when he undergoes surgery due to a burst appendix. He came out of surgery saying that he sat on Jesus's lap during the procedure. Then, he start telling little by little some details of his experience in heaven, telling his parents about things that he could not have possible known if it was not for a real supernatural experience, like meeting his grandfather that had died many years before he was born or meeting his sister that was never born due to a miscarriage he did not know about.
The author, pastor Todd Burpo, is the father of Colton, the boy with the near-death experience. He did a magnificent job in the description of Colton's stories, using Colton's own words. His style is light and enjoyable and keep us captive till the last page of his book.

This is the kind of book that you really want to read and want to believe in every word. That is what our faith is all about, reaching heaven.
This book was written by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent in 2010 and published by Thomas Nelson and they were kind enough to send me a copy for reviewing through their Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers Program. ( )
  rmattos | Jan 23, 2016 |
A friend loaned me this book, and I ended up reading it in two days. The book is written by a father whose son was seriously ill and on the verge of death at age 3. Over time, the son began to reveal that he had been to Heaven during that time. The things he told them jived with what they knew from the Bible. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |

Todd Burpoprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vincent, Lynnsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
—Jesus of Nazareth
Prologue
The Fourth of July holiday calls up memories of patriotic parades, the savory scents of smoky barbecue, sweet corn, and night skies bursting with showers of light.

A young boy emerges from life-saving surgery with remarkable stories of his visit to heaven.

Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.

Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:05 -0400)

Presents the story of the four-year old son of a Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven.

Beyond Words Publishing

An edition of this book was published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,052,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible