Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn

Witchling (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Yasmine Galenorn

Member:lewispike
Title:Witchling
Authors:Yasmine Galenorn
Info:Berkley (2006), Edition: 1st, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:Urban Fantasy, Witch, werecat, vampire, faerie, intrigue, demon

Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn (2006)

Storm Born by Richelle Mead (MisfitRhi)
    MisfitRhi: Both series involve an Otherworld filled with warring fae, a sexy kitsune and booty-kicking heroines.

English (50)  French (1)  All languages (51)
I'm not sure I like fae stories. ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
A decently written story of three sisters who are assigned by Otherworld to live on Earth and keep the peace between others and full blooded humans. According to the story, Camille, otherwise known as the witchling, is a sex goddess because all of the men in the story are sexually interested in her. I'll try the next book in the series....just not sure at this point if I'll finish the series. The story didn't really grab me. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
This book tries to be everything. A witch, a shapeshifter, and a vampire as sisters. Check. All also fae. Check.
Quirky, tough heroine. Fail. Hard edged adventure. Fail. Humor. Mostly fail.

Observation: during the final *intense* action scene is the absolute wrong time to introduce backstory that will save them all. Interrupts the flow and should have been foreshadowed. pfft.

Observation: much overwritten. No need to call one thing by three different names. No one needs to know all of the thesaurus entries for anything. ( )
  SaschaD | Apr 28, 2016 |
Any mythos you can think of is in this book. Yes they are, she (the main character) talks about them to death, so much information ! The first 50 pages were enough for two books, TMI. I also did not care for the constant reminder that they are half-something and what their body sizes are, yes she is big breasted we remember. The vocabulary keep changing from smart women to silly highschool student, arguh. So I did not finish the book I don't like being talked too, I like being shown things slowly as they fit into the story. I will not read any more books by this author ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I really enjoyed everything about this book; the style, the mythology, the characters. A fantastic mix of just the right about of humour and wit. Really hope the rest of the series is as good! ( )
  jadedlioness | Dec 29, 2015 |
Cela rappelle étrangement une célèbre série télévisuelle, « Charmed », et ce ne sont pas les bonnes idées qui manquent dans ce premier roman de l’auteur. Malheureusement, le résultat est plutôt décevant. L’intrigue n’est pas vraiment canalisée et part dans tous les sens, l’auteur semblant davantage s’intéresser à la garde-robe des personnages et à leurs histoires sexuelles qu’à développer une réelle enquête sérieuse. A tel point qu’il n’est pas rare qu’en plein combat l’héroïne soit plus concentrée sur ses pulsions sexuelles que sur son ennemi ! Les personnages ne sont pas vraiment attachants ni intéressants, les combats sont expédiés en deux temps trois mouvements, et les ennemis sont éliminés sans problème aucun. Etouffée par un excès de détails purement inutiles et manquant cruellement de consistance, la trame ne parvient pas à captiver le lecteur. L’humour n’est pas non plus au rendez-vous. Au final, on parvient à la dernière page mais on ne va pas se précipiter sur la suite des aventures...
added by Ariane65 | editmurmures.info, Katia margraf (May 11, 2009)

Dedicated to: / Samwise. For love. For life. / I promised you a touch of my magic as / part of my wedding vows. / I think we've managed that.
Seattle is gloomy most any day of the year, but October can be especially rough in the bad weather department.
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret disorder - Carl G. Jung

We're the D'Artigo sisters: Half-human, half-Faerie, we are savvy - and sexy - operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But our mixed-blood heritage short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Delilah shapeshifts into a tabby cat whenever she's stressed. Menolly's a vampire who is still trying to get the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Camille - a wicked-good witch. Except my magic is as unpredictable as the weather, which my enemies are about to find out the hard way.

At the Wayfarer Inn, a portal to Otherworld and the local hangout for humans and beasties alike, a fellow operative, Jocko, has been murdered. Every clue points to Shadow Wing, the soul-munching, badass leader of the Subterranean Realms. He has made it clear that he aims to raze humankind to the ground. Our assignment: Keep Shadow Wing and his minions from creeping into Earth via the Wayfarer. The demons figure they're in like Flynn. After all, with only my bumbling sisters and me standi g in the way, how can they miss? But we've got a secret for them: Faulty wiring or not, nobody kicks ass like the D'Artigo girls.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425212548, Mass Market Paperback)

We’re the D’Artigo sisters: Half-human, half-Faerie, we’re savvy—and sexy—operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency.  But our mixed-blood heritage short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times.  My sister Delilah shapeshifts into a tabby cat whenever she’s stressed.  Menolly’s a vampire who’s still trying to get the hang of being undead.  And me?  I’m Camille—a wicked-good witch.  Except my magic’s as unpredictable as the weather, as my enemies are about to find out the hard way...

At the Wayfarer Inn, a portal to Otherworld and the local hangout for humans and beasties alike, a fellow operative, Jocko, has been murdered.  Every clue points to Shadow Wing, the soul-munching, badass leader of the Subterranean Realms.  He’s made it clear that he aims to raze humankind to the ground, turning both Earth and Otherworld into his private playground.  Our assignment:  Keep Shadow Wing and his minions from creeping into Earth via the Wayfarer.  The demons figure they’re in like Flynn.  After all, with only my bumbling sisters and me standing in the way, how can they miss?  But we’ve got a secret for them:  Faulty wiring or not, nobody kicks ass like the D’Artigo girls...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:53 -0400)

The D'Artigo sisters are half-human, half-faerie sexy operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency who track down enemies, but their mixed-blood heritage causes them all kinds of problems at all the wrong times.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,736,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible