Dinosaurs' Halloween by Liza Donnelly

Dinosaurs' Halloween

by Liza Donnelly

SUMMARY
A boy and his dog dress as dinosaurs for Halloween and go trick or treating. As they are traveling, the run into a friend and ask him to join them. Suddenly the group is approached by a group of boys, who force the masks off of the boy and his dog, When they take the mask off of their new friend they find that it is a dinosaur. The dinosaur calls all of his dinosaur friends and scares them off.

REVIEW
This story has very little dialogue or text. I think I liked it so much because there were a lot of pages that simply had illustrations. I would love to see what would happened if I covered up the text in the story and let the students make a story based on the illustrations. The story is silly and fun which makes it very appropriate for the young age group. Students will definitely find humor in watching a boy and his dog wear dinosaur masks and then run into a dinosaur without realizing it actually is a dinosaur. ( )
  tstato1 | Dec 10, 2014 |
This book is super cute! The language and sentences are simple like, “ Now don’t be scared. It’s only Halloween,” however, the illustrations are adorable. They are drawn in a cartoon-like manner and are very engaging for kids. I feel that a lot of children could connect to this book because the little boy dresses his dog up for Halloween, too! I know that when I was a child, I always wanted to dress my puppy up and bring her trick-or-treating with me. The boy and his dog decided to dress up as dinosaurs for Halloween but got made fun of for still trick-or-treating. I really appreciated that in the back of the book, the author included a glossary of types of dinosaurs for the children to read after the book is completed. The main message of this book was to do what makes you happy, and be happy with who you are. ( )
  jtaylo41 | May 11, 2014 |
A short book about going trick-or-treating on Halloween. ( )
  herebedragons | Feb 9, 2007 |

An encounter with a fellow trick-or-treater whose dinosaur costume is remarkably realistic gives a boy a Halloween full of surprises.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:21 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,543,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible