Love and War Devotional for Couples: The…

Love and War Devotional for Couples: The Eight-Week Adventure That Will…

by John Eldredge, Stasi Eldredge

Love & War: Devotional For Couples by John & Stasi Eldredge is a 134 pg. 8-week devotional that champions its readers to remember that married love is worth fighting for. What sets Love & War apart from other marriage devotionals is that it focuses on the fact that couples participate in a modern day love story that is set in the midst of war therefore they must first allow God to mend their brokenness and then find their completeness in Him, not one another. Doing this will then help husbands and wives find what the authors call "generosity of spirit", the ability to let the little things go and become more adept at giving love. Love & War: Devotional For Couples is an excellent resource that is chock full of scriptures and wisdom for busy couples to embrace and use to spark spirituality and intimacy in their relationship.

Chapter Titles Include:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Borders ( )
  huggy26 | Feb 21, 2011 |
Fairytale romances are what many of us dream of. It's what we are taught from a very young age to expect, dream and hope for.

Why then are so many of us are finding out that the "happily ever after" just isn't as easy as we thought it would be? Where did our happily ever after go?

So many of us are hoping to someday have the marriage of our dreams but we just don't know how to get there. We were not taught how to handle the reality of life crashing in on our dreams!

Love and War: the Devotional is an 8 week couples devotional based on John and Stasi Eldredge's Love and War book released earlier this year.

This is a faith based, sound and realistic devotional for couples to use together to build and maintain a marriage that is all they wish for. The authors clearly state that maintaining a marriage is HARD work but through that work, through prayer and God's help, the marriage that you dream of can be re-discovered.

This book works well as a stand alone devotional but in my opinion it works best in conjunction with the Love and War book released earlier this year. I feel that everyone can benefit from this devotional no matter what state your marriage is in. I highly recommend this book!

Many thanks to Waterbrook Multnomah for providing me with the opportunity to review this book. ( )
  mrsrenee | Jan 7, 2011 |

John Eldredgeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eldredge, Stasimain authorall editionsconfirmed

A Realistic Guide to the Marriage You’ve Always Dreamed Of

Is your relationship with your spouse far from the union you’d hoped it would be? John and Stasi Eldredge know about the realities of marriage—and they know why it’s so important to take hold of the dreams you once had and see God fulfill them.

In this eight-week devotional, John and Stasi will guide you and your spouse to see God’s heart for your marriage more clearly. This life-changing guide includes new insights, encouraging Scriptures, and practical exercises that will help you develop a personal plan for a vibrant marriage.

As John and Stasi write, “We learn to love moment by moment. Day by day. Week by week. Our marriages grow and become what God intended and what we ultimately long for in the same way. We are, all of us, learning to love.”

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:54 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,971,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible