The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

by John Flanagan

English (22)  Dutch (1)  All languages (23)
This book is part of an awesome series. After you read each chapter you wonder what will happen next. The battle scenes were great and really descriptive. 4Q4P The cover art was awesome and I'd recommend this book for middle school and high school students, as well as adults. I chose to read this book because I love the series it's a part of and wanted to continue it. DavidD
  edspicer | Jun 30, 2014 |
Once again, John Flanagan delivers another winner with his book "The Emperor of Nihon-Ja." It's full of ingenious plot points, thrilling action, and nail-biting suspense. I especially loved the way he deviated from his typical narrative focus and devoted a significant portion of the story to demonstrating how the two heroines have developed into strong, capable characters, who can more than hold their own. Although for the first several dozen pages, the book had a hard time holding my attention due to the way it jumped back and forth among the main characters, the rest of the book was fantastic. Once you get past those first pages, the book rapidly picks up speed and never stops until its exhilarating ending. Definitely a book worth reading! ( )
  ThePageturners | Mar 25, 2014 |
  BRCSBooks | Jan 13, 2014 |
The Emperor of Nihon-Ja
John Flanagan
Age 10+
High interest. Reluctant Reader Pick.

This review and more like it can be found on Get Kids to Read. www.mrtierneyslibrary.com

The Ranger's Apprentice series is one of the best Young Adult series to come along since Harry Potter. Ranking high with other similar high octane series, the Rangers Apprentice follows Will on his journey to become a Ranger. The Emperor of Nihon-Ja is the final battle in this series. As such all the allies that Will and Halt (his mentor) have acquired over 9 books are here in a desperate attempt to rescue Will's friend Horrace.
Will has evolved since the first book, Flanagan's books are high octane but he has developed the key characters. Will and Halt are more like brothers at this point. Fans of the series will not be disappointed in how this book ends. It ties up story lines nicely and leaves readers with a satisfaction of an epic quest completed.

The good news is that The Royal Ranger book 12 comes out this fall so the story will continue! ( )
  thereader18 | Aug 6, 2013 |
I really loved this series while I was reading it. But the thing is, it gets to be a little repetitive.
For most of the books, the plot is this:
Bad guys taking advantage of/killing people.
Halt, Will, sometimes Horace, and one of the girls (Evanlyn, Alyss) get involved.
They make fun of each other along the way.
Will comes up with some fantastically brilliant idea that somehow works and saves everybody.

But honestly, I cannot even remember the names of the different bad guys sometimes. I have to go back and check who it is Halt referenced.
This is a great series, and I love it, but I just get so confused. ( )
  furieous | Apr 14, 2013 |

Months have passed since Horace departed for the eastern nation of Nihon-Ja on a vital mission. Having received no communication from him, his friends fear the worst. Unwilling to wait a second longer, Alyss, Evanlyn, and Will leave their homeland behind and venture into an exotic land in search of their missing friend.

When they finally catch up with him, they find Horace entangled in a military coup. Determined to protect the imperial throne, Will and his band of Araluens must piece together and train a force in order to fend off the master Senji warriors intent on overthrowing the emperor.

Suspense and pulse-pounding action abound in this final adventure in the worldwide phenomenon that is Ranger's Apprentice.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:10 -0400)

In a faraway land, a young warrior must protect an emperor from an uprising and train an inexperienced army, with assistance from his Ranger friends.

199 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,964,677 books! | Top bar: Always visible