Nutshell Library by Maurice Sendak

Nutshell Library

by Maurice Sendak

In my household, with my children now grown up, we still now and then remark...And So The Lion Ate Pierre....

This set belongs in any home with children. And probably in those without too. ( )
  jarvenpa | Mar 31, 2013 |
This wonderful, tiny set was made into the movie "Really Rosie" and each story became a song in that story. One was an alphabet book, one was a counting book, one was a book of months and the fourth was a cautionary tale about Pierre who always said "I don't care". This is great for reading aloud for very young children who don't know their alphabet etc. ( )
  book58lover | Jan 14, 2011 |
I LOVED these books as a child. I think a lot of it had to do with size, they fit excellently in small hands, but the silly rhymes and fun illustrations were also great. I've used the book, "Pierre, a Cautionary Tale in Five Chapters and a Prologue many times to help me deal with the annoying response of, "I don't care." Certain of my children's friends now know it by heart and hardly ever tell me they don't care. "Chicken Soup With Rice" is my other favorite, a book of months. "Alligators all Around" is a very funny alphabet story, and "One was Johnny," a counting book is also great. ( )
  MrsLee | Mar 26, 2009 |
adorable version of classic books. includes "Pierre", "One Was Johnny", "Chicken Soup With Rice", and "Alligators All Around" ( )
  idnariscool | May 7, 2008 |
For Gene
For Karla
For Mrs. Ida Perles
Alligators all around
In January it's so nice while slipping on the sliding ice to sip hot chicken soup with rice.
1 was Johnny who lived by himself
There once was a boy named Pierre who only would say, "I don't care!"

This 4-volume boxed set contains an alphabet book, a book of rhymes about each month, a counting book, and a cautionary tale all written and illustrated by Maurice Sendak. Includes the titles Alligators All Around, Chicken Soup with Rice, One Was Johnny, and Pierre.(Titles available separately in library and paperback editions.)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:53 -0400)

A collection of four Sendak works, issued in a case and miniaturized.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,569,797 books! | Top bar: Always visible