If I Die by Rachel Vincent

Oh my God. Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod.

Okay, now that I got that out of my way… This book was SO good. I got a slow start due to life obligations getting in my way (stupid life obligations, lol), but once I got a chance to really read, that’s all I wanted to do. It’s a good thing I’m almost done with this series because it’s interfering with my sleep!

When this book starts, we find out that Kaylee’s new math teacher is hot but not human, and Tod informs her she’s going to die in 5 days. Kaylee knows that she can’t do anything about her impending death, so she decides to try to make things better for as many people as she can before it’s too late. At the same time, we see her struggle to accept it and those around her try to do anything to stop it.

This book was excellent in its execution. As I feverishly flipped the pages, I had so many questions going through my head: What is Mr. Beck? How can they stop him? Can they stop him? How will Kaylee die? Will she die? If she doesn’t, who will be the one to circumvent it and how? What will happen if she does die? Will she become a reaper? What’s going to happen to Emma? Will Kaylee ever love Tod as much as I do? It seems like a lot, but they all get answered, and it’s amazing!

I really love the interaction of all the characters in this book, and there were some scenes that had me ready to scream “Yes! Finally!”, but I can’t spoil it. It’s so very hard not to, though, because I want to jump and dance and scream (in a good way) about it!

There were two twists at the end that I completely didn’t see coming, and both had me in tears for different reasons.

I have said this for every one of Vincent’s books since My Soul to Keep, but this is definitely the BEST book so far! 5 very overly enthusiastic stars!

This review is also posted on Mommy's Reading Break ( )
  mrso822 | Sep 21, 2013 |
OMG!! KAYLEE AND TOD TOGETHA
I do feel bad about Nash though
He's a good guy,and I personally believe SABINE is wrong for him
but overall...man,what a story it was! ( )
  JustAnotherYABlog | Jun 11, 2013 |
A little too much drama for me in this one - and I have never liked triangles, and even less a quadrlangle...

I don't understand where Kaylee's sudden 'love' for Tod came from, even if Nash had done some pretty bad things, I think that both Kaylee and Tod should have given him a real second chance.

Also, the bringing Kay back from death, and Tod as well was overly dramatic in my opinion. However, it was not really unexpected, nor was the Kaylee and Tod thing unexepcted, it was foreshadowed from the very first book.

Now, all I need to do is to hope that Nash will get clean, and that things will get a little bit more normal for Kaylee now that she's dead, or undead... ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |

Banshee Kaylee Cavanaugh and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend, join forces to get rid of the new teacher-incubus Mr. Beck ... before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,464,440 books! | Top bar: Always visible