Sword Woman and Other Historical Adventures…

Sword Woman and Other Historical Adventures (2011)

by Robert E. Howard

66None180,945 (4.5)None

No reviews
This book is dedicated to my deceased wife, Lorraine, who I'm sure would be pleased that I finally got to illustrate a book by such a great writer. - John Watkiss
"War is in the wind - the ravens are gathering."
"I have conquered," answered Baibars, shaken for the first time in his wild life, "but I am half-blind - and of what avail to slay men of that breed? They will come again and again and again, riding to death like a feast because of the restlessness of their souls, through all the centuries. What though we prevail this little Now? They are a race unconquerable, and at last, in a year or a thousand years, they will trample Islam under their feet and ride again through the streets of Jerusalem."
And over the red field of battle night fell shuddering.

Includes a collection of 18 of the author's stories, as well as his unfinished works. The book also includes some biographical information and an in-depth analysis of the author's stories.

Legacy Library: Robert E. Howard

Robert E. Howard has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Robert E. Howard's legacy profile.

See Robert E. Howard's author page.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,788,033 books! | Top bar: Always visible