The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D.…

The Science of Getting Rich (1910)

by Wallace D. Wattles

I just rated this as 4 stars since I haven’t proven yet that the theories stated in this book are true. Overall, I love the way Wattles explained his theory by means of using simple lay man’s terms. He also uses a Christian perspective as an example which makes it easier for anyone to understand.

This book does not only open your mind to the possibility that being rich can be easily attained but it also explains in detail how to actually do it. It helps to overcome the common notion that being wealthy is applicable only for those who are already born rich. We have to start changing these negative perceptions by embracing the power of positive thinking and begin to act upon it.

Note: I’ve read an eBook version (Published April 19th 2007 by Tarcher) which is already simplified thus it’s easier to understand than the original one that was published in 1910. ( )
  gnicolas | Mar 5, 2014 |
This is the original work that brought to light concepts like "law of attraction", the "Original Substance" i.e. God, impressing your thoughts on the "Thinking Substance", etc. and it was published in 1910 (!) Later books like "Think and Grow Rich" and the latest "bestsellers" like "The Secret", are simply extensions of this primal book. Read it, practice it, be wealthy beyond the simple possession of "stuff". This is a book for your mind and your spirit. ( )
  Bookaldea | Dec 6, 2013 |
Very powerful reading. A book that you won't want to put down once you have started to read it. Though written years ago in 1910 to be exact, the message is still vibrant and fresh today and the principles can be adapted for today's life style. Wallace D. Wattles is basically saying that the real power and science of getting rich lies within everyone of us, we just need instructions or guidance how to use it to benefit us in our daily lives. ( )
  Bgem | Aug 11, 2012 |
Just finished reading the book "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace D. Wattles. The book was written in 1910. This publication is by Joshua Books, Queensland Australia, printed in 2006. I did not realize it was a Christian book until I started to read it. I found it's terminolgy quite interesting. The principles described in the book are simple but profound. You could equate the author with "faith" teachers/preachers of today. His philosophy is based on scripture but it is presented in a different way that we are used to hearing. If you are not into the "Name it, Claim It" preaching you will not like this book. Wattles encourages you to "visualize" yourself as rich - having or walking in the things you desire. He believes that your mental creative powers will make the thing you desire, come to pass.

I thought it was an interesting read. Would give it 3 out of 5. ( )
  NanJo | Apr 15, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0984064621, Audio CD)

Originally published in 1910, this book takes the mystery out of the accumulation of wealth and breaks it down into a scientific formula.

Here is an excerpt from the Preface of the book:
This book is pragmatical, not philosophical; a practical manual, not a treatise upon theories. It is intended for the men and women whose most pressing need is for money; who wish to get rich first, and philosophize afterward. It is for those who have, so far, found neither the time, the means, nor the opportunity to go deeply into the study of metaphysics, but who want results and who are willing to take the conclusions of science as a basis for action, without going into all the processes by which those conclusions were reached.

It is expected that the reader will take the fundamental statements upon faith, just as he would take statements concerning a law of electrical action if they were promulgated by a Marconi or an Edison; and, taking the statements upon faith, that he will prove their truth by acting upon them without fear or hesitation. Every man or woman who does this will certainly get rich; for the science herein applied is an exact science, and failure is impossible....

....In writing this book I have sacrificed all other considerations to plainness and simplicity of style, so that all might understand. The plan of action laid down herein was deduced from the conclusions of philosophy; it has been thoroughly tested, and bears the supreme test of practical experiment: It works....and if you wish to reap the fruits of their philosophies in actual practice, read this book and do exactly as it tells you to do.
- The Author

This 2 CD audio book set is unabridged and completely authentic. The narrator reads each word from the book as it was originally written by Wallace Wattles. This audiobook makes it easy to learn the timeless principles found in The Science Of Getting Rich. It also makes a great gift for anyone with the desire to get rich!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:54 -0400)

Provides a mental and spiritual approach on how to become rich.

Nine editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,349,693 books! | Top bar: Always visible