Blood Work by Kim Harrison

I have to admit I am not a fan of the graphic novel retelling of novels that I have all ready read. They feel more like cashing in on fans than doing something cool for the fans. This one is an original story and that is a bonus and that it is set in the Hollows series as a first meeting of Rachel and Ivy. I do wonder what the word count would have been if this had been written as a short story instead of a graphic novel. You get to see most of the players in the main series but not all of them since this is early days in the universe. A light enjoyable read for the fans but nothing that has to read in order to understand everything about the story line. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
I was seriously unimpressed. I enjoy a graphic novel now and then but this simply did not meet my expectations. The art work was just ok, infact from chapter one to chapter two I had thought for several pages that it was a different artist.

There was also inconsistencies between the Hollows series it is based on and the graphic novel. Perhaps my memory is slipping but I plan to see if anyone else thought the same. I'm disappointed with the amount of money I spent on this to not really have enjoyed it. I am going to recoup what I can by selling it to the used book store. ( )
  Pabkins | Jun 24, 2014 |
2.5 stars

Illustrations weren't very good. Story wasn't any better. Hard to follow and and I'm very familiar with the series. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
Meh. I don't like the art work. The story is ok. I can't imagine that I will read the next graphic novel. ( )
  lesmel | May 16, 2013 |
Being a fan of the Hollows novels I was excited to try this graphic format. This title held my interest was a quick read and the plot was mildly intriguing. Ivy has been demoted from homicide and is teamed up with Rachel to walk street crimes. In the course of the story, Ivy finds that she likes the hand to hand combat of street crimes.
She accepts her position with Rachel and comes to relish it. ( )
  WetheReaders | Apr 15, 2013 |
If cities have souls, Cincinnati is an elegant old woman, if just a little ... odd.

When Ivy met Rachel, the result wasn't exactly love at first sight. Sparks flew as the living vampire and the stubborn witch learned what it meant to be partners. Now Kim Harrison, the acclaimed author of Pale Demon and Black Magic Sanction, turns back the clock to tell the tale - in an original full-color graphic novel.
Hot-as-hell, tough-as-nails detective Ivy Tamwood has been demoted from homicide down to lowly street-crime detail. As if rousting trolls and policing pixies instead of catching killers wasn't bad enough, she's also been saddled with a newbie partner who's an earth witch. It's enough to make any living vampire bare her fangs. But when a coven of murderous witches begins preying on werewolves, Rachel Morgan quickly proves she's a good witch who knows how to be a badass.
Together, Ivy and Rachel hit the mean streets to deal swift justice to the evil element among Cincinnati's supernatural set. But there's more to their relationship than they realize - and more blood and black magic in their future than they bargained for.

When new Inderland Security partners Rachel and Ivy are sent on a routine brimstone case, they find the body of a dead werewolf.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,310,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible