Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens

Never Knowing (edition 2011)

by Chevy Stevens

Collections:Read and passed on
Rating:***
Tags:Crime, Fiction

Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens

Recently added bySusiebaker, Ava324, suzanne5002, private library, rena100, areni55, rena75, rock.chick

English (63)  Dutch (2)  All languages (65)
Woman seeks to find out about her birth mother. Is she prepared to find out who the father is? ( )
  suzanne5002 | Apr 14, 2015 |
After reading "Still Missing" by Chevy Stevens I couldn't wait to get my hands on another book by the same author. The second book wasn't as good for me. I'm not sure why.

The main character is talking to the same psychologist as in "Still Missing." She is telling her story of her serial killer father and his attempt to work his way into her life. Sarah is cooperating with the police in order to aid in the capture of her father. The thing is, the characters just don't seem to act in ways that seem logical.

It was an interesting plot, an interesting story line, and I just couldn't get into it. ( )
  jlsimon7 | Mar 1, 2015 |
452 pages of a story that should have taken half as much. Ad adopted woman searches for her birth parents and finds that she is the product of rape and her father is a famous serial killer- still on the loose. The protagonist Sara Gallagher is extremely unlikable. The story is told through her speaking to her psychiatrist. She is whiny, flighty, highly emotional and I just wanted her to be quiet. Her 6 year old daughter Ally is a brat, but Sara blames herself for it. Her fiance, Evan, seems nice but I can't believe anyone would put up with her! The story is very predictable with a slight twist at the end, but by then I just wanted to get back the time I spent reading this interminable novel. ( )
  Brenda63 | Jan 17, 2015 |
One of the best psychological thrillers that I've read to date, gripping and suspenseful with the turn of each page, never knowing what's about too happen around the next bend. ( )
  Gatorhater | Dec 9, 2014 |
Not one of my favorite books, as a little slow and the main character would drive even me nuts! Also did not care for the ending. Basically, a psychological thriller about one woman’s search into her past and the deadly truth she uncovers.

Gallagher has wondered about her birth parents as she was adopted by family who was not always nice to her (father and siblings). When she is about to get married, so sets out to find her real birth mother and father. However, some questions are better left unanswered.

After months of research, Sara locates her birth mother—only to be met with horror and rejection. Then she discovers the devastating truth: her mother was the only victim ever to escape a killer who has been hunting women every summer for decades. She gets more than she has bargained for and some others along the way who does not have her best interest at heart. The novel is a complex and compelling portrayalof one woman’s quest to understand herself, her origins, and her family.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |

Chevy Stevensprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Witte, PaulTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Connel
I thought I could handle it, Nadine.

Struggling with a need for closure, Sara Gallagher attempts to reconnect with her birth parents only to learn that her biological father is an infamous serial killer, a discovery that causes her to fear she has inherited violent tendencies.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,799,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible