Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Something Deadly This Way Comes (Madison…

Something Deadly This Way Comes (Madison Avery, Book 3) (edition 2011)

by Kim Harrison

Member:lbhlibrary
Title:Something Deadly This Way Comes (Madison Avery, Book 3)
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Hardcover, 256 pages

Something Deadly This Way Comes by Kim Harrison

Hope there are more to come! ( )
  bm2ng | Apr 9, 2019 |
Guys! This book was pretty good. I actually enjoyed reading this one. Usually the last book in a series is my least favorite, but when it comes to this trilogy, it’s my favorite.

I can’t tell you why I enjoyed this one more. Surprise, surprise. Why do I write review? I can never tell you what I like or dislike. Anyway, the only thing that got me through the first two were the funny moments and there weren’t really any in this one. Out of the three books, this one is the most serious and the least funny. Maybe that was what I was in the mood for.

Overall, I’m glad I finally read this trilogy, but I probably will never re-read it. However, Kim Harrison is still one of my favorite authors and I will still re-read The Hollows series and give her new series, The Peri Reed Chronicles, a try. ( )
  TheTreeReader | Dec 28, 2017 |
Okay. So the story of this trilogy is pretty good. BUT I saw some major continuity issues. In the first book there was a character named Lucy and a dog named Sandy, Nakita white wings and Barnabas had grey wings. In book two Nakita had black wings and Barnabas had white wings. And in the third book, the dog's name changed to Lucy! It seems like they went through this book with such a cursory editing eye that details slipped through... The details may seem small but if an author can't keep her OWN fictional facts straight, then how can I believe the story?

Like I said, the story is pretty okay. It has good moments and it has chaotic moments and it has moments that you can't stop reading. I'm glad I read it. But it's not something I'd read again. ( )
  KendraFitz | Feb 27, 2017 |
I've read the entire series an i must say it was awesome.I enjoyed every moment of it wondering what was coming next almost to the edge of my seat at times. ( )
  Shazarah | Feb 6, 2016 |
2.5 I tried, I wanted to like it, I wanted to support one of my favorite authors. But the main character Madison, was too immature, too selfish, got my ;last nerve twitching. I just couldn't get past my dislike of her to enjoy the story. It is a shame , I liked the side characters and the plot was interesting.
It just didn't work for me. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006171819X, Hardcover)

I'm Madison Avery, in charge of heaven's hit squad . . . and fighting it all the way.

When Madison died the night of her prom, she knew her life would never be the same. Now she has a powerful amulet, a team of rogue angels by her side, and the ability to flash forward into the future to see the shape of destiny. And of course, now she's finally with Josh—a perfect boyfriend who doesn't even mind that she's dead.

But being dead has its disadvantages, too. Madison feels caught between the light and the dark, and between her real life and her timekeeper status. When Madison has the opportunity to get her body back—to be alive again—she faces her most difficult decision yet. If she claims it, she could return to being a normal girl—and have a chance at a real relationship with Josh. But would having the one thing she wants most in the world also mean giving up everything she's worked so hard for?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:24 -0400)

Technically dead seventeen-year-old Madison must choose between reclaiming her body and continuing as Dark Timekeeper, struggling in the war between Light and Dark reapers while trying to change the rules.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,503,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible