Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit: A Book of…

Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit: A Book of Changing Seasons

by Il Sung Na

When I was a child, I needed to remember what do the animals do when the snow falls to the ground and all the trees are bare because we needed to do some test in science class. It supposed to be funny but I feel frustrated due to the boring textbook. But this book is so funny and the name of its is cute as well. I was attracted by the beautiful coverpage of this book. After I read it, I learned what would animals do during or before the winter when winter comes. Some fly long distances, while some swim to warmer waters. Some take a long, warm sleep where they live, while others have a thick, cozy coat and can stay in the snow!
The rabbit is cute and we seems follow the steps of its when we are reading this book. It is a information book and introduce what would animals do for prepare the winter. Information books are nonfiction and present current and accurate knowledge about sth found in our universe.
To teachers, it is a nice textbook which can be used to teach students the habits and characteristics of animals.
To children, it is a small book and full of nice pictures and simple sentences, so that they can learn by reading and won't feel boring. ( )
  JCHEN16 | Apr 10, 2017 |
The illustrations are the best part here. My kids had fun finding the rabbit on every page. The text was just ok, kind of awkward at times. Cute story about how different animals deal with seasonal changes. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit by Il Sung Na is a great book for toddlers to engage in. Children are able to follow the rabbit through every page and observe other animals in their habitat. It is winter time and the animals are preparing for the cold days and nights which accompanies the snow. As winter turns to spring the animals all make changes according to the season. The book is fun for children and teaches them all about the ways of different animals and how they prepare for the seasons. ( )
  Laurwhit94 | Nov 23, 2015 |
27 months ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Beautiful artwork! ( )
  untitled841 | Aug 20, 2015 |
“Whimsy” is a word that runs rampant in the description of children’s literature, but Il Sung Na’s picture books certainly merit the label. “Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit” is the latest of Na’s deceptively simple storybooks (“A Book of Sleep,” “Brrrr: A Book of Winter”), where a straightforward tale of nature or nighttime is elevated by distinctive illustration into a somewhat more enchanted realm than that of mere snowfall and frozen dirt.
added by lquilter | editNew York Times, Pamela Paul (Feb 23, 2011)

What do the animals do when the snow falls to the ground and all the trees are bare?  Some fly long distances, while some swim to warmer waters.  Some take a long, warm sleep where they live, while others have a thick, cozy coat and can stay in the snow!

As with Il Sung Na's previous books, Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit is filled with rich illustrations, charming animals, and a simple, lyrical text—all wrapped up in a gorgeous package. It's a gentle introduction to the ideas of adaptation, hibernation, and migration, and an exhuberant celebration of changing seasons.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:52 -0400)

While other animals migrate, hibernate, or stay busy all winter, a little white rabbit watches.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,175,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible