If I ran the zoo by Dr. Seuss

If I ran the zoo (original 1950; edition 1950)

by Dr. Seuss

If Gerald McGrew ran the zoo, he'd let all the animals go and fill it with more unusual beasts--a ten-footed lion, an Elephant-Cat, a Mulligatawny, a Tufted Mazurka, and others.
Member:donutage
Title:If I ran the zoo
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:New York, Random House [1950] [56] p. col. illus. 31 cm.
Collections:Kentucky
Rating:*****
Tags:children's literature, american, 20c, illustrated, fiction, poetry, nonsense

If I Ran the Zoo by Dr. Seuss (1950)

This was a cute story! My 6 and 4 year old loved it! The rhyming words really got their attention as well as the unique illustrations! We love all of the Dr. Seuss stories! Can't wait to share this one with my classroom! ( )
  KayStrange | Apr 15, 2019 |
This book would be fun for the classroom because it has a lot of fun animals and imagination in it. I would read in my classroom for sure. ( )
  mls127 | Nov 26, 2018 |
The fantastical beasts are what make this book classic Seuss. Fantastical beasts in fantastical locations. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Aug 6, 2018 |
I loved this book. I love anything written by Dr. Seuss. He is so imaginative, and this book is a really good example of that. It is about this kid named Gerald who visits the zoo, and he does not approve of the "exotic" animals the zoo has. He imagines other animals that would be better option for the zoo. For example, he imagines a bird that eats only pine trees and spits out the bark. It's a great little story about children's imaginations. The pictures in the book more colorful and imaginative as the story goes on. ( )
  mthomassie | May 2, 2018 |
Dr. Seuss' famous trademark for his children's book are the rhyming and made-up words; which I have enjoyed in this tale. Once more, he showcased how a child's imagination is immense just like how creative Gerald McGrew is in the story. ( )
  fugou | Aug 14, 2017 |
For Toni and Michael Gordon Tackaberry Thompson
"It's a pretty good zoo," Said young Gerald McGrew, "And the fellow who runs it Seems proud of it, too."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,696,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible