The Informationist by Taylor Stevens

The Informationist

by Taylor Stevens

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (aliklein, 4leschats)
    4leschats: I too found Vanessa similar to Salander.
    Our Kind of Traitor by John le Carré (Lisianthus)
    Lisianthus: Very good book! More than anything else, his John le Carré's style of writing is masterly, there is humour, suspense, human interest... A complete kind of book.
    One Kick by Chelsea Cain (4leschats)
    The Right Hand by Derek Haas (4leschats)
    4leschats: Like Vanessa, Austin Clay is on his own as a CIA fixer that the left hand can't know about.

This is an entertaining page-turner and international thriller. Set in the heart of Africa, I loved the descriptions of the people and culture. Vanessa 'Michael' Monroe is a wonderfully flawed character. She suffers both emotional and physical scars from a traumatic childhood and battles with demons. She is persistent, a deadly killer and a collector of information, but at the same time cares deeply to those closest to her. The charcter of Miles Bradford is a bit weak considering his career, but he is still likeable and I liked the tension between him and Michael. I also though Fransisco Beyard was a strong character. I just wish the author had used other ways to say 'said' - replied, whispered, answered, for example. The overuse of this wordreally grated and I felt it spoilt an otherwise good book. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
A waste of my valuable reading time. ( )
  Judy_Ryfinski | Jan 20, 2016 |
A waste of my valuable reading time. ( )
  Judy_Ryfinski | Jan 20, 2016 |
Vanessa munroe specializes in getting information about countries for clients. She is hired by Richard Burbank to see if she an find his stepdaughter Emily who disappeared in Africa 4 years ago. A good thriller. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
The Informationist pushes every one of my buttons: exotic locale, sassy and competent protagonist, crisp dialogue and nonstop action. A fine debut—can’t wait for the sequel!
added by 4leschats | editBook Page, Bruce Tierney (Mar 1, 2011)

Stevens has penned a fast-paced, gripping, edgy mystery with a heroine whom even Lisbeth Salander would admire. Recommended for all contemporary thriller fiction fans who like thrillers similar to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

To my fellow childhood survivors - you know who you are
This is where he would die.

Vanessa “Michael” Munroe deals in information—expensive information—working for corporations, heads of state, private clients, and anyone else who can pay for her unique brand of expertise. Born to missionary parents in lawless central Africa, Munroe took up with an infamous gunrunner and his mercenary crew when she was just fourteen. As his protégé, she earned the respect of the jungle's most dangerous men, cultivating her own reputation for years until something sent her running. After almost a decade building a new life and lucrative career from her home base in Dallas, she's never looked back.

Until now.

A Texas oil billionaire has hired her to find his daughter who vanished in Africa four years ago. It’s not her usual line of work, but she can’t resist the challenge. Pulled deep into the mystery of the missing girl, Munroe finds herself back in the lands of her childhood, betrayed, cut off from civilization, and left for dead. If she has any hope of escaping the jungle and the demons that drive her, she must come face-to-face with the past that she’s tried for so long to forget.

Dealing information to wealthy clients throughout the world, Vanessa Munroe hopes to leave her unconventional past behind her until a mission to find the missing daughter of a Texas oil billionaire forces her to return to the central Africa region of her youth.… (more)

149 wanted6 pay8 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,258,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible