More Book Lust: Recommended Reading for…

More Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment, and Reason (2005)

by Nancy Pearl

1,032None8,182 (4.02)63

Good and interesting, with lots of suggestions, still (as in book one) a bit out-fashioned and some categories wouldn't have been necessary for me, but okay: no need to argue about tastes... ( )
  borhap | Aug 27, 2013 |
Great fun for bibliophiles. Ideas for all types of reading, at all times, in all moods, under any subject banner. ( )
  BooksForDinner | Oct 3, 2011 |
I have to admit, my tastes run very different than Pearl's. Anyone who likes Neal Stephenson's recent work, for instance, has a great deal more patience for stiltedness and self-indulgence than I do. But, she's clearly passionate about books and even though I can't trust her evaluations, her descriptions are usually good enough for me to finish this book with a long list of new likelies. ( )
  ehines | Jul 31, 2011 |
A book about lists....one of my favorite things. A book of lists about books. Two of my favorite things. And guess what happened. I made a list of books I can't wait to read. Nancy Pearl is humourous and personal and I believe her when she says all these books have value. My problems with this book are I don't think I've read a single book listed and I'm not interested in very many of the books she suggests. As a book of book lists, bravo. As a book of suggestions, good. ( )
  thingtwo | May 2, 2011 |
This, along with Book Lust, is my go-to book when I am looking for something new to read. I have gotten more wonderful suggestions from here than anywhere else. ( )
  RachelPenso | Oct 4, 2010 |
If we were at a twelve-step meeting together, I would have to stand up and say, "Hi, I'm Nancy P., and I'm a readaholic." (Introduction)

The Seattle librarian who created the popular program "If All of Seattle Read the Same Book" organizes readers' interests into one hundred fifty categories, recommending great books in each.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,429,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible