More Book Lust: Recommended Reading for…

More Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment, and Reason (2005)

by Nancy Pearl

In More Book Lust author and librarian, Nancy Pearl continues her fantastic listing of books that she began in Book Lust. By dividing the book into interesting sub-sections with intriguing titles like “Gone Fishin’”, “Tickle Your Funny Bone” and “Gallivanting in the Graveyard” she keeps the lists short and the book easy to pick up and put down.

Although I didn’t enjoy this one as much as the first, she still managed to enlarge my wish list. I liked the manner in which she describes each book, neither giving away too much or too little. Unfortunately many of the books she highly recommends are out of print and very difficult to track down.

If you, like me, are a lover of lists and books then More Book Lust is certainly worth a browse. ( )
1 vote DeltaQueen50 | Jul 2, 2014 |
Good and interesting, with lots of suggestions, still (as in book one) a bit out-fashioned and some categories wouldn't have been necessary for me, but okay: no need to argue about tastes... ( )
  borhap | Aug 27, 2013 |
Great fun for bibliophiles. Ideas for all types of reading, at all times, in all moods, under any subject banner. ( )
  BooksForDinner | Oct 3, 2011 |
I have to admit, my tastes run very different than Pearl's. Anyone who likes Neal Stephenson's recent work, for instance, has a great deal more patience for stiltedness and self-indulgence than I do. But, she's clearly passionate about books and even though I can't trust her evaluations, her descriptions are usually good enough for me to finish this book with a long list of new likelies. ( )
  ehines | Jul 31, 2011 |
A book about lists....one of my favorite things. A book of lists about books. Two of my favorite things. And guess what happened. I made a list of books I can't wait to read. Nancy Pearl is humourous and personal and I believe her when she says all these books have value. My problems with this book are I don't think I've read a single book listed and I'm not interested in very many of the books she suggests. As a book of book lists, bravo. As a book of suggestions, good. ( )
  thingtwo | May 2, 2011 |
If we were at a twelve-step meeting together, I would have to stand up and say, "Hi, I'm Nancy P., and I'm a readaholic." (Introduction)

The Seattle librarian who created the popular program "If All of Seattle Read the Same Book" organizes readers' interests into one hundred fifty categories, recommending great books in each.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,697,135 books! | Top bar: Always visible