Awakening Through the Tears: Interstitial…

Awakening Through the Tears: Interstitial Cystitis and the…

by Catherine M. Simone

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byIonaS, missy-ellen

No tags.

This is an invaluable book for those suffering from this disease. It is the third of a series of books enlightening the reader and fellow IC-sufferer about how to tackle and cure the disease. I have previously read and reviewed No. 2 in the series – To wake in tears.

The first half of this book seemed to me to be mostly an expression of the author’s feelings. As she writes she expresses her feelings and writing seems to be a part of her process and leads her to further insights. We learn things by the end of the book that she had not realized when beginning to write it.

Actually, when reading her previous book I had felt that it was all too much for me to hear about all her pain, discomfort and negativity, since at that time I had learnt of the importance of not harping on the negative but continuously trying to find a “better” thought (see the teachings of Abraham in the books by Esther and the late Jerry Hicks). I felt the same at the beginning of this book too (that it lowered my vibration to read all these expressions of negativity), but towards the end of the book Catherine herself mentions the importance of being positive. (As I mentioned, she develops in the course of writing the book.)

IC really helps Catherine’s spiritual development and by the end of the book we understand how far she has progressed.

She accentuates the importance of forgiveness and being nice to oneself. Not only must we rid ourselves of the toxic elements in our body, we must also move towards discarding toxic relationships. Part of Catherine’s learning to care more about herself was finding a way to forgive herself.

We must show ourselves the same compassion and understanding that we would show a loved one.

One important insight I got from the book was Catherine’s information about how one spiritual message of IC could be the need to express one’s feelings and stick up for oneself. This was true for her and absolutely for me! Of course, I had realized before that I had this problem, but hadn’t understood that it could have caused my IC. What an insight! I have had this problem my whole life. Now I fully realize the absolute importance of expressing my feelings! (In this connection see my review of Tom Kenyon’s “The Magdalen Manuscript”). Also water (urine) = feelings, and many with IC (including myself) have great difficulty in urinating. So the relationship between having difficulty in expressing one’s feelings and also in urinating is crystal clear!

Another valuable piece of information I got from the book was that the use of natural progesterone cream will regulate the hormone system with resultant positive effect as regards reduction of IC symptoms, though it didn’t prove to have quite the magical effect in her case as she had originally hoped for. She caught on to the hormone connection in IC by her developing anxiety/fear of going places. And since she understood that all her/our symptoms are a gift from the Universe, she eventually got it that the hormone system was involved and found the solution in the progesterone cream.

She also found out that a (natural) potassium supplement was necessary for her to rebalance her sodium/potassium balance, and I will look into that too for my own part.

The book is mostly well-written except for some irritating spelling and apostrophe mistakes, which mistakes she repeats again and again.

But I would highly recommend this book to all IC-sufferers – Catherine will take you a step further in your quest to ease your pain and heal your body/mind/spirit. She accentuates the fact that we all have our own individual path. She has really learnt to express her feelings, and does so continually in this book as in the previous one!

(Though this is not mentioned in the book, I would add as a postscript something I have just discovered – that the partaking of cultured/fermented vegetables will begin a process of healing your body of all those diseases like IC generally regarded as auto-immune diseases. The huge content of probiotica in cultured vegetables heals the gut and all those diseases caused by an unhealthy gut, including all sorts of mental diseases. This is extremely exciting information, new to me.) ( )
  IonaS | May 20, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,538,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible