Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life…

Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives

by Michael Newton

So you think you know what happens in the hereafter?
  princeigor | Aug 3, 2013 |
Hypnoterapeutti Michael Newton saa sattumalta asiakkaansa ylitietoiseen tilaan, jossa tämä pystyy antamaan tietoa sielun elämästä maanpäällisten elämien välillä. Kirjassa hän esittää erilaisia tapauskertomuksia, joissa tätä elämää valotetaan. Haastateltujen sielujen mukaan sielut valitsevat kulloisenkin elämänsä, tapahtumat, vastoinkäymiset, kehittyäkseen.

Kirja on hyvin mielenkiintoinen teos sielunvaelluksesta. Vaikka aika pitkälti sielunvaelluksen näenkin kirjassa kuvatun kaltaisena, en varmasti osaa sanoa, mihin siitä uskon.

Kirjan suurimmaksi ongelmaksi minulle muodostuu se, että siinä kuvataan ihmiskäsittein ja sanoin jotain, mitä ei mielestäni koskaan voi täysin niillä kuvata. Muutenkin kirja on ajatusmaailmaltaan hyvin länsimaihin keskittynyt, vaikka sivuaakin itämaisten uskontojen sielunvaelluskäsityksiä, ja ihmiskeskeinen. Sielut eivät ole ihmisiä, vaikka ihmiskehoon liittyvätkin. Kirjassa myös sielun liittyminen fyysiseen kehoon ja sielun ja fyysisen kehon suhde jäi ehkä vajaasti selitetyksi.
  Dei_Diamanda | Apr 15, 2011 |
Journey of the Souls

This is the first of two books that Michael Newton published on his remarkable journey, that shared insights gained from several decades of working with Life Between Lives Clients.

This review however is going to be a general review of Both books as it is difficult to separate them.

With both books Newton has indicated he has selected Case Studies that reflect a large number of similar experiences he encountered during his more than 7000 cases spanning over 40 years. Providing a good overall view of client experiences to draw information from.

I have been studying metaphysical & paranormal concepts along with a variety of spiritual beliefs for many years now. What I found reoccurring with all spiritual authors, gurus, mediums, psychics etc... was that their views were most often based on perception of their experience only. On rare occasion when they did take considerations of the clients experience it was heavily influenced with their original perceptions.

With Newton things transpired from a perception of non-belief to curiosity then acceptance based on thousands of experiences he encountered from his client work. As with anyone I can only believe that he has over time created his own perception (albeit largely in part of his work) that may still limit complete unbiased recall of his case studies (or choice of which studies he works with in his limited publications). Overall however, I do find it much easier to accept truth in his writing if for no other reason than the fact that his work is truly no different than any other scientist who is looking to find answers and uses repeat attempts to see if they get the same result or something different.

I personally have a pretty solid perception of my 'view of the afterlife' which although is ever evolving, was greatly developed long before I ever read any of Newtons work. What I found with Newton's work was similar to what I have experienced with many books/authors I have come to enjoy over the years. Most of what he writes about were already concepts I had accepted as something that felt right to me before I ever read his work. Making his work more a validation than something I had to find a way to accept.

For many people who read books they are not 'ready' for they may experience complete aversion to them, or like myself just not 'feel' the book so after a couple chapters put it aside to try at a later date. When I know a book has something special to offer me in that moment; I almost always find that it offers one of two things to me. Either it answers specific questions I have been asking for guidance on OR it provides validation to things I have been feeling but just wanted to experience from someone else's point of view. Often times it does both as Newton's books do.

Mostly providing a lot of validation but also answering many questions I had been recently asking to make sense of.

Newton's books may not be for everyone, but for those who have opened their mind/souls to believing there is more to 'life on the other side' than we have been lead to believe and would like another point of view this might be what you are looking for.

Michael Newton is currently my favorite author. My only disappointment is that he has not publish his case studies in their entirety for those of use with a more in-depth interest in the matter. Which would allow for greater scientific exploration on the subject. I hope one day he does this. ( )
1 vote IndigoWings | May 5, 2010 |
This book was simply amazing. If you have ever wondered what happens to you when you die, like I did, then this book is a fantastic read. The author publishes a selection of hypno-therapeutic sessions he has given to clients. Through these sessions he details a picture of the after-life (or life between lives as he calls it) as seen through his patients superconsciouses. I'm sure the philosophers will have much more to say about this topic but as for me I was blown away. I'm very surprised more people have not read or reviewed this book. ( )
  MrStevens | Aug 23, 2008 |
This is one the best books on the between-life state available. A must have for anyone interested in what people describe while in a deep hypnotic state about their lives between incarnations. ( )
  talltrickster | Aug 11, 2007 |

Michael Newtonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Garrison, Anne MarieCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Sant, SusanDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Michael Newton uncovers the mystery of life in the spirit world after death on earth. Newton, is hypnotherapist in private practice, has developed his own hypnosis technique to reach his subjects' hidden memories of the hereafter.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,280,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible