Vespers Rising by Rick Riordan

After 10 books in the '39 Clues' series, the 11th book finally presents the back story -- and is a collaborative piece between 4 different authors, who had previously written one (or two) books each in the series . And this is the best story, so far.... ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
Love the twist to begin another series! ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
I loved how the authors combined the stories and how the suspense made me read on. I loved how each person had their own exiting part ( )
  SRaval | Jan 17, 2013 |
The way the authors of this series blend fact with fiction is absolutely astounding to me. I feel compelled to look up every little "fact" stated to see if it's true or simply part of the Cahill canon, but I stop myself because I REFUSE to destroy the temporary suspension of disbelief with this series (at least until I've finished it). ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 12, 2012 |
In the last book of the 39 clues series their was four parts about Gideion Cahill, Madeline Cahill, Grace, and Dan and Amy all with Vespers in it.
In the first part the Vesper is Dameion or lord Vesper. He is in charge of Gideion was making the syrum or the "Black Death." This had 39 ingredients like the 39 clues so now we know were the name came from. Also his four children Luke, Jane, Catherine, and Tom came from the names of the branches Lucian, Janus, the EKats, and Tomas. In the end of this part Gideion died in a fire so the family seperated.
Don't forget Madeline the child born after Gideion died, and her family branch name is the Madgrils. Before her father died he gave her mom a ring, and before she died in a fire she gave it to Madeline. I beleve that Veper killed both her parents so is he after the ring? Also in this part Madeline will try to find some of her family. She evantually finds Lukes son and then meets Luke, but in the end Vesper finds her so it doesn't work out.
In Graces part she is a mother who takes care of her brother Fiske when her sister Berterce does nothing, but a message from a boat leads her on a mission to North Africa. She would the white house from the message and leads to General S Patten and tells her he will find her father, and send Fiske and Bertece to Boston.
The final part Dan and Amy we meet a couple Vespers and Evan Amys boy friend. One Vesper is Casper Wyoming who works at a bank, and wants the ring. The Vespers almost got Dan, Amy, and the ring but Fiske and his freind Aramis distracted them. I can't wait what happens in the new series Cahills vs Vespers. ( )
  ctmsdamc | Mar 31, 2012 |

The Cahills aren't the only family searching for the Clues. . . .

The Cahills thought they were the most powerful family the world had ever known. They thought they were the only ones who knew about Gideon Cahill and his Clues. The Cahills were wrong.

Powerful enemies —the Vespers— have been waiting in the shadows. Now it’s their time to rise and the world will never be the same. In Vespers Rising, a brand new 39 Clues novel, bestselling authors Rick Riordan, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman and Jude Watson take on the hidden history of the Cahills and the Vespers, and the last, terrible legacy Grace Cahill leaves for Amy and Dan.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:01 -0400)

Fourteen-year-old Amy Cahill and her younger brother Dan thought they could return to their regular lives when they found the 39 clues. But the Vespers, powerful enemies, will stop at nothing to get the clues. And with the Vespers rising, the world is in jeopardy.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,486,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible