Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Requiem

by Lauren Oliver

Series: Delirium (3)

Beautiful, awesome, amazing!! The end frustrated me a bit though!! ( )
  brideofsevenless | Apr 18, 2017 |
The first book I enjoyed about the same amount as I enjoyed all of the other YA dystopian trilogies that came out around the same time. It was good enough to keep me reading, but angsty enough that I didn't thoroughly enjoy it because the characters were too annoying. The second book I attempted to read about 3 times before I could get through it, as it was too slow and had way too much unneeded romantic drama.

Then we get to book 3. It certainly turned up the action, which I appreciate, and looked like it may just bring the series back up to the level of the first book. But ultimately, the ending totally ruined the book. Oliver decided to end with a successful capture of the main character's home city by the rebels, but didn't actually explain anything at all. Lena had an implied, totally unrealistic and unexplained reconciliation with the former love interest who had been ignoring her for several months, and then proceeded to continue helping take over the town. What happened between her and the boy she'd recently gotten together with was left unexplained, along with whether or not the seemingly doomed revolution ever even made it past that first city.

There was little character development in any of the books, and overall it was a total waste of time. If what you want is a cheesy love triangle with an unrealistic plot, this is your series. Otherwise, stay far away. ( )
  ReganSmith2 | Apr 8, 2017 |
For me this book took way to long to read. It was just really boring for me. Especially compared to the first two books in the series. I really did have high hopes for it. It was really disappointing. I did give it three stars though because it did have some really good parts to it. ( )
  sam276 | Mar 30, 2017 |
In general I'm not a huge fan of series but this has been one of my favourites - complex and extremely well written. The ending made me appreciate the series even more.
  chronic | Mar 23, 2017 |
Pretty good series. I was scared it would end like Divergent. It did not!!!! ( )
  laura.w.douglas | Mar 9, 2017 |
For Michael, who took down the walls.
I've started dreaming of Portland again.

"While Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous Wilds, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland."--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,844,464 books! | Top bar: Always visible