Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Requiem

by Lauren Oliver

Series: Delirium (3)

The first book, Delirium, was the best in this series. The second book and this book don’t match up with it at all in my opinion. As with the second book, the narrator of this audio book really grated on me. I didn’t like her at all. Sometimes it just takes a little to get used to a narrator but not this time. As for the story: I didn’t like the love triangle. I think it’s used too often in young adult literature to be honest. I felt the ending of this book was cut off. Not necessarily rushed but cut off too soon. I feel like I’ve been left hanging. What happens to Hana? Did Lena really choose Alex or not? What happens now after the walls are torn down? We get nothing. I had hoped that my ambivalence of the second book was just a case of a weak middle trilogy book, but this last book didn’t make me feel any better about the series. I like the idea – that love is a disease and society’s role is to cure it, and it came across great in the first book but I just didn’t feel it for these last two books. Not sure I’d recommend the series as a whole. ( )
  Kassilem | Aug 16, 2014 |
Disappointed. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Disappointed. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

Spoilers!

You kinda know who shes gonna end up with, so it felt like a waste of time to spend so much of the book going back and forth. the worst was, toward the end, when feelings are made pretty darn clear and all of a sudden lena is stupid and cannot comprehend the truth. i hate dumbing down characters. first of all, if the reader gets it, your character should get it too. and if nothing else, women are hopeful, to a fault, much of the time. that's what gets so many of us in trouble. we keep hoping when we shouldn't. the opposite just wasn't believeable or relatable. and whats with alex saying he never loved her? i dont recall that being cleared up.

seemed a little melodramatic with too much of the issues arising from misunderstandings- like reliving the worst of twilight. yuck.

other than that, my only other complaint was the ending. thankfully i felt that the authors *intent* was clear enough. but i'm a girl who likes every t crossed and every i dotted. the ending came kind of abruptly, and there wasnt enough details cleared up. nor any kind of projection into the future. which makes me sad when you've invested so much in reading about these characters and waiting for the big ending. felt kinda weak; i was left wanting more.
  lyssa73 | Aug 2, 2014 |
I was hoping for a more final ending but I guess it is what it is ( )
  nycke137 | Jul 29, 2014 |
I've started dreaming of Portland again.

"While Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous Wilds, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland."--

125 wanted3 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,327,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible