Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Requiem

by Lauren Oliver

Series: Delirium (3)

The Ending was terrible!!!!! Worse than the Hunger Games series ending by a million times. It makes me wish that I never started the series at all. I seriously thought my kindle didn't download the last pages or it was a publishing error. I'm all for a deeper meaning, but really you can explain it and finish the story! What a horrible waste of time!!!! On a positive note, I can now mark of Before I Fall from my reading list, because based on her blog it appears that the ending is written the same way. ( )
  DRHearne | Apr 14, 2016 |
This wasn't exactly what I was expecting from the end of this series. Don't get me wrong I loved the book and the series as a whole (though I've still got the Alex novella to read) but I expected more from this final volume somehow. I wish we'd gotten more answers, like what happened to Hana, Raven, Alex & Lena, Lena & Julian? I wanted nice and neat and I got rushed and vague. I did like the overall message of not letting the government control you, which is basically what all dystopians seem to share. I liked the "take down walls" idea. I just wish we'd gotten MORE. I still recommend this book and the series to any fans of the genre or the author. It was a very good read. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I bought the audible version of this book as soon as it came out. I was stoked to see the ending of this trilogy. While I didn't love it, I did enjoy it.

I didn't really care for Hana's point of view. It made me drowsy most of the time. But it was important in the way events took place. Both Hana & Lena's futures do intertwine. I remember loving Hana in Delirium, but I couldn't stand her character in this book. She tries to help some people, but it's only to lessen the guilt she feels.

Lena is fierce as always. She's crazy confused about her boy troubles, but she tries to stay level-headed. She feels so many different emotions in this book: love, loss, betrayal, and heartbreak. Each emotion she feels strongly. There's no slight feelings, each is felt with passion. She makes some rash decisions, but I've never respected her more than I do in this book.

There are so many things that happen, and each event sets the bigger picture into motion. Hana's engagement, and Lena's relationship with her mother are two big things that take up most of the story. The Alex, Lena, Julian thing is also a major factor. I can't help but love Julian. He CHOSE to leave the city and go to the Wilds with Lena. That right there shows how much he cares. He knows there's a story between Alex and Lena, but doesn't question it. He tries to be there for Lena as much as he can. Alex on the other hand comes off as a jerk. I will never understand the stubbornness of men! It's never ending.

I think I didn't love it because I didn't get a sense of closure at the end. There's so many ways the story could still go on, but we don't know which way it will go. I also didn't really agree with how Lena left things in the end. When you read, you'll understand, maybe. Other than that, the book was great. I loved the action, and confrontations in it. They made the events seem real, and easy to imagine. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Another great book! It's going to be difficult to wait for the next release. Requiem is written from Hana and Lena's alternating POV's. It was fascinating to see the contradictions in their lives. Lena is in the wild, starving, fighting minute to minute for survival, while Hana is back in the wealthy safety of her home, preparing for a very public wedding after having her procedure. In my opinion, Hana stole the lead.

Watching Hana wrestle with her bad choices and face off with "infected" people she once knew was very thought provoking. She's questioning everything she's been told, as well as her past decisions. Meanwhile, the "sickness" tries to break through to the surface. She learns Fred is not what she thought he was. For her safety, she stays very quiet and struggles to keep her emotions in check. I should mention, the author has NAILED the art of writing insane characters. I had goosebumps after a few of those scenes! We're talk it flat out CRAZINESS! *virtual nod to Oliver*

Lena does get a few answers to previous questions as they prepare for war. I'm not clear if the series is continuing or if things ended here? It would be another awkward ending. I do hope there is more and I'm holding out hope that Alex and Lena will get a HEA. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
As much as I enjoyed the wrap up to this series, I wish it had been just a bit longer. Maybe there's a fourth novel in the works? ( )
  EmilyRokicki | Feb 26, 2016 |
For Michael, who took down the walls.
I've started dreaming of Portland again.

"While Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous Wilds, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland."--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,782,729 books! | Top bar: Always visible