Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Requiem

by Lauren Oliver

Series: Delirium (3)

Recently added byppslibrary, private library, Fede_, Holley0109, janillabean, AnnRushing

I have a love-hate relationship with this last book. I both loved and hated the fact that this book has no closure. I loved it because it gave me hope that everything really turned out or will turn out the way I thought it would be. I hated it because I actually want to see/read what will actually happen after. But then I still loved it! ( )
  PamZaragoza | Jun 27, 2014 |
Huh. This may be the first time I've marked an author as having both 5 star books(Before I Fall, Delirium), and 1 star books. Interesting. Full review to come. ( )
  Stormydawnc | Jun 23, 2014 |
I really don't have too much to say about Requiem other than I was very disappointed. I was expecting adventure and romance, but instead I felt that those elements were missing. Each chapter switches from Lena to Hana's (Lena's former best friend) point of view, and I became more taken by Hana's story than Lena's, who had been the MC from the beginning of the trilogy. The reviews are really mixed on this one, either love it or hate it. Readers tend to go polar opposites, as it was with myself and a friend of mine. I do think the writing is beautiful as always, but the story just didn't do it for me. Also, I loved the first two, so I'm not biased. ( )
  LauraT81 | Jun 5, 2014 |
This series ended better than I thought it would. The structure of the story between Lena and Hana was a good idea and helped bring the story along especially because of the short amount of time that passes during this installment. It would of been better if Alex's voice could of been heard as well. I like how the end of the story was filled with hope and the idea of beginning something new. This book was really just a way to close out the series with one big event. An epilogue would of been nice. ( )
  cfranson | May 19, 2014 |
There were a lot of things to like. Lots of loose ends tied up, lots of action. Frankly, for a series that was so romance-dependent, there wasn't much of that, and I found that a little unsatisfying. Mostly, though, I was put off by the last page or so. I don't love feeling like an author is preaching at me through her narrator. I wasn't certain whether I agreed or disagreed with the message--it was hard to be sure what, exactly, the heart of the message was. But I found it distracting and irritating, nonetheless.

Also, is it just me, or was there WAY more language in this one than the last two?

It was alright.

More and other reviews on fefferbooks.com! ( )
  fefferbooks | May 12, 2014 |
I've started dreaming of Portland again.

"While Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous Wilds, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland."--

125 wanted3 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,468,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible