Requiem (Delirium Trilogy) by Lauren Oliver

Requiem (Delirium Trilogy) (edition 2013)

by Lauren Oliver

Series: Delirium (3)

Member:Audri-Anne
Title:Requiem (Delirium Trilogy)
Authors:Lauren Oliver
Info:HarperCollins (2013), Edition: First Ed 1st Printing, 432 pages
Rating:*****

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Lena and Hana go back and forth again - one on her way back to Portland in the throes of a love triangle and the other on her way to a marriage she may need to escape. The build-up was good. The extra Alex story was meh. ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
More of a 4.5 really. I have very conflicting thoughts. (spoilers after)

When I got to the last 100 pages, I knew the ending wasn't going to have a definite resolve. Which, considering the content of the book, makes a lot of sense. However, I felt like the last 2 pages were really rushed. It was almost like she got tired of writing on those last two pages and just ended it. BUT, part of me does understand why. Even though I did want some of the character's stories to be tied up more, especially when this was the last book of the series. I want to know what happened between Alex and Lena. Did they get back together? Did she stay with Julian? Did she chose neither? THESE ARE ANSWERS I'LL NEVER GET. :-(

jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
Ugh, What a disappointing end to a promising trilogy. That's what's wrong with it: It is not an ending at all. The author leaves gaping holes and loose ends at the end of the book, and yet the front cover says "the FINAL book in the delirium trilogy". It's like she had another hundred pages to go and then decided not to bother. Instead of an actual resolution, there's just a paragraph of repetitive, thrown-together nothing on the last page that could maybe work as an epliogue if she had actually finished the book first. So disappointed in this. ( )
  pbearstina | Jan 17, 2019 |
The finale to the Delirium Series and my favorite out of the series!!! First off: ALEX IS ALIVE!!!! Second, really another love triangle. I vehemently dislike love triangles they are over done, but was the only problem I had in the book. Lena was a also little annoying in this book with her jealousy but this is the world she chose, a world of love and with love comes other emotions. In this book we meet Lena's mom which I was really excited about and I love that Lena didn't know how to act around her. How do you act around a woman you thought was dead for most of your life? How do you act around someone you never really knew?

For me it showed a more real world with real people. My favorite part of the novel was the ending because there was no ending. Now a days we get a book all tied up pretty with a bow, which yes it is nice but its not real life. Maybe Elizabeth and Darcy started to hate each other? Maybe Harry, Ron, and Hermione drift apart (God forbid). The ending also showed Lena not definitively choosing Alex and Julian (although I'm siding with Julian), but instead she took her little cousin, Grace's hand, and went into the Wilds. Would it have been nice to have a clear cut ending of what happened and if the resistance won or the government won, yes, but the ending was beautiful. The beauty of it being that we as the reader get fully pulled into the experience. With this ending we are not passive any more because we get to choose how it ends and who wins. And it involves also looking at ourselves and trying to decide what we would choose, love or the cure.

Take down the wall. ( )
  winterdragon | Jan 4, 2019 |
Wait a minute... Hana? What is that B**** that turned her and Alex in doing HERE?
this could either be really good or it could make me really angry. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
For Michael, who took down the walls.
I've started dreaming of Portland again.

"While Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous Wilds, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland."--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,746,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible