Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie…

Isla and the Happily Ever After (edition 2014)

by Stephanie Perkins

Member:thekaisu
Title:Isla and the Happily Ever After
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2014), Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

isla was a bit annoying sometimes, and it definitely wasn't as good as the previous ones, but i enjoyed it ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
3.5 ( )
  tifhayes | May 22, 2017 |
Well, it started off really boring and hard to get through. I put it down for a while and tried to pick it up a couple of times since December of last year but still struggled.

Then came the #TBRTakedown and the audio book...And I said I would give it one last try.

Well, halfway through it, it did pick up quite a bit...And I was able to enjoy it more....

It got a bit too mushy for my liking towards the end (the last couple of chapters or so)..but I won't complain too much about that! lol...

I can say that the more I read some parts, mostly about Isla, I began to see some things about me in her and some of the insecurities she has...That I still hold to this day...And it had me tearing up quite a bit because of it (Yeah, that's hard to admit).

This book was good, not great, but I'm glad I finished it. Anna is still my favorite of the three books and Lola is the bottom of the three for me. I'm glad I didn't totally give up on the stories but it did have me going into Isla not really wanting to read it and thinking it would be as much of a struggle. Well, it wasn't as much of a struggle but still had its struggles for me. I will buy the book to have it on my shelves because I want all three books and they're just so pretty! :-) ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
I am actually giving this around 2.5 stars, as I thought this was ok. I was really happy that this book involved characters from Anna and the French Kiss. I felt instantly more connected with Isla and Josh than I did with Lola and Cricket.

This was cute, but not much happens. If you love a romance with no twist or turns, then you will love this. Normally I prefer something else thrown into these reads to keep my interest. I was finding myself bored at times and was only reading the dialogue of from the characters at times.

I know it was brief, but I still loved the relationship with Josh and St. Claire. I loved the small twist thrown in with Anna and the older characters. The ending was my favorite part when they were all together.

Overall, I just did not love this series like everyone else. It was only ok in my opinion. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jan 8, 2017 |
No, why is it over? now what will I read? Lol loved this one. I think it's my favorite of the three ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andrews, LindseyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sasaki, ToshiCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
It's midnight, it's sweltering, and I might be high on Vicodin, but that guy--that guy right over there--that's him.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,320,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible