Lola and the boy next door by Stephanie…

Lola and the boy next door (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

Member:annie-b
Title:Lola and the boy next door
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:New York, N.Y. : Dutton Books, 2011.
Rating:*****
Tags:young adult, romance, overdrive ebook

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

English (172)  Piratical (1)  English (173)
4.5 so cute!! it's just too much, loved it. ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
So sweet. It brought out my inner angsty teenage girl. ( )
  leahlo89 | Nov 2, 2016 |
So, I am IN LOVE with Anna and the French Kiss, and I think Isla and the Happily Ever After is great, and if I would have realized that Lola should really come second, I would have expressed my appreciation for it sooner.
Anna and the French Kiss is one of my absolute favorite books, so therefore, I clearly had to read the other two books in the series. So, so glad I did. I'll start off with my nit-picky things, to save the good parts for last. That's the way I roll.
I don't think there was enough romance, especially with Cricket. I know Lola had a boyfriend and all, but I feel like there could have been more. Anna and Etienne still managed to have quite the spark even though he was in a relationship. I just felt like there was significantly more romance with Anna and Isla.
I love that Anna and Etienne are in this, but it makes me just slightly sad, too, because it's not enough of a fix, you know? I'll just have to keep rereading their book over and over, I guess. Shame. ;)
I loved Max and his slightly-bad-boy rocker persona, even though we're obviously not supposed to get attached to him. I loved the story of how they met, and all the little things about Max. As well as the things about Cricket, of course, but I liked the addition of Max. I loved the description of his ghost sitting between them on the bus. That was wonderful.
I loved Cricket and Lola, and how especially how sweet Cricket was. Their discovery of their self worth is also great. I feel like it will help readers who struggle with that, too.
Overall, this is another great read from Stephanie Perkins. And if you haven't read Anna and Isla, you need to do that like yesterday. ( )
  jewelsk96 | Jun 28, 2016 |
Nearly a 4.5 Audiobook Fantastic Narration Wonderful characters Beautiful setting Nice tie in with past characters Great conflict Honest emotions
HEA What's not to love ? This one was set in one of my favorite cities San Francisco, with beautiful descriptions. The way it was written I could see myself there walking down the historical streets with Lola and Cricket. Lola was a complex, independent, loved girl with some normal issues in a bit of an unconventional way. LOL I know sounds complicated but it's really not. Her fathers are so wonderful I wanted them to adopt me, if just for the pie time. One of the fathers makes pies for a living, yum. So she has two fathers, two love interests, one working, one not, she is unique and lets that flag fly, ad smart and balanced and you have one fantastic character. Max, her now love is, loud, musical, artistic and well you'll find out. Cricket the not now but was the love, is shy, intelligent and slightly aloof. The side characters all ad something to the story, each plays their part well. I really enjoyed it, couldn't wait to hear more, and was sad when it ended. I wanted more. ( )
  TheYodamom | May 7, 2016 |

[‎Wednesday, ‎February ‎29, ‎2012] First of all I loved the book but I loved Anna and the French Kiss more. It was amazing seeing Etienne and Anna again, though Paris as a setting is much more exciting then San Fransisco. I loved the fortune-telling scene and I like the Bell's twins names, they are unique. Lola is so gaga, but she's more romantic and sensitive under all the layers.

This book shocked me, because Cricket and Lola are so much like my guy and myself. Like when she says: "I'm not interested in making what's easy. I'm interested in making what's beautiful." That's so me!

"There's something about blue eyes. The kind that startles you every time they're lifted in your direction. The kind of blue that makes you ache for them to look at you again. Not blue green or blue gray, the blue that's just blue." That's so like my boyfriend. I always think that, how I love his piercing eyes.

Beside him being tall, with soft crazy hair and blue eyes, they are alike in the way they love. In the way they respect their girl and the passion they feel. Even the scene of him brushing her hair is there in our history. This book is a favorite too, now. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Henderson, JeanineCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I have three simple wishes. They're really not too much to ask.

Budding costume designer Lola lives an extraordinary life in San Francisco with her two dads and beloved dog, dating a punk rocker, but when the Bell twins return to the house next door Lola recalls both the friendship-ending fight with Calliope, a figure skater, and the childhood crush she had on Cricket.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,636,635 books! | Top bar: Always visible